On The Run and Go

To be honest, I was having second thoughts about this. Running away by stealing my parents money and other valuables to another state? I have to admit, this world is scary.

Like old people having weird, kinky sex in a dungeon.

What if someone ends up kidnapping me? Or worse? I was thinking of all sorts of possibilities of what could happen while on the run as I was walking downtown towards the bus stop. I even started thinking if I were to bump into that crazy cultist, Daniel. I started overthinking what I was doing, but I was definitely not turning back. I just need to cover up my tracks more. As I walked to the bus stop I went through my moms phone, making sure to cut off all locations and anything else that would track me, but I'm sure advanced technology would still find me. I would have to get rid of the phone soon.

I got to the bus stop and was pretty lonely knowing it was about two or three in the morning. Cars still passed but only a few. Stores and restaurants were all closed obviously.

I looked down at my wrist and read that the bus would come in ten minutes so I decided to go to a nearby gas station to buy a snack. While I was there, a few grownups were giving low glances at me, knowing that I'm just a small kid in a city gas station at two in the morning with no adult supervision, but I ignored it and kept my hoodie and head low.

I walked back to the bus stop and a minute or two later the bus came. I stepped in and paid the driver as he gave me a weird look. I walked towards the middle section and sat at the seat next to the window. I was the only one riding in my section of the bus so I got comfortable. I ate my snack which was just a bag of goldfish crackers and some water from my small backpack. When I finished I just stared out the window with a blank expression on my face. I looked passed the city lights and buildings.

I still couldn't believe I was doing this. I was about seven or eight when I first wanted to run away and now I'm finally doing it.

Now I wonder what David will think when he sees me. I mean, I hated him when summer started. And now I'm running away to him hoping maybe, just maybe, he could be my new home.

I sighed.

                                        ~

I was startled when the bus had stopped, i didn't remember falling asleep. I stood up and walked down the bus passed the driver, "G'night kid." He said to me. I stepped off the bus and looked around. The bus had left and I was left alone. Knowing I had to walk the rest of the way to my destination, I continued my journey.

David's POV

It was six a.m. when I woke up and I did my usual morning routine and went to the kitchen to start heating up water for some coffee. I started cleaning up the living room and kitchen, Gwen had came over the day after the camp had shut down for the summer to hangout and 'Celebrate', though I'll miss Camp Campbell. It was nice when Gwen came over because I had to admit I was lonely and maybe, kinda, sorta like her. Sadly she lived out of state.

While cleaning I realized I needed more groceries so I changed into a simple light green sweater tucked into brown pants.

While combing my messy hair, I had heard a knock on my door. As walking towards my door, I was assuming it was the neighbors complaining again.

I opened the door and rubbed my eyes,"Hello-"
I let out a gasp.

"Max?! What are you doing here all alone? And why do you look like you slept in a dumpster??" I asked a bit loud.

"Because I walked here."

"Wait.. what?"

"Because I walked here! All night!" Max repeated, louder and I big more annoyed.

I gave him a look of concern. Didn't Max live far? Why would he had come all the way here?

"Just come inside Max." I said.

Max had walked inside and looked examined my house. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. "You must be hungry, you want anything?" I asked.

"Nope, already ate, but I am gonna lie my musty self on ur couch I'm tired as fuck." He said as he sat on the couch and tossed his backpack off.

I sighed. "Max, why did you come here?"

He paused for a second and answered, "I ran away, okay? Geez..." Max rolled his eyes.

"Why'd you ran away?"

"Because."

"Max."

"Because of my parents! Like I told you on parents day, they don't care. They don't care about me." Max yelled.

I had a feeling it was because of them. I need to have a talk to them whenever I meet them. I sighed, "Look Max, they-" I stopped talking realizing he was dozing off to sleep. He did say he walked all night.

I stood up and lifted him off the couch. I carried him and began walking to my room. Doing this kinda startled him and woke him up. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm taking you to bed."

"David, I have legs." He said as I sat him down on my bed.

I took off his shoes and told him to sleep. I walked towards the door.

"David?"

"Hm?" I said as I put my hand on the doorknob and facing him.

"Could you at least give me my backpack? I left it on the couch."

"Alright buddy." I said smiling.

"Don't call me that." Max said as I walked out.

I grabbed his backpack and started walking back to the room. I was wondering what was in there but I decided Max has had enough so I didn't. I walked back into the room and Max was lying on his side facing the wall. I put the backpack on the nightstand beside him. I turned around and I heard him unzipping the backpack, getting something out. As I was exiting the room, I looked back at him and saw he was in the same sleeping position and hugging a stuffed bear. I assumed it was that Mr. Honeynuts bear that Gwen told me about.

I did wonder...out of all the places to run away to, why did he choose me? He's got a lot of explaining to do when he wakes up.

(1120 words) Hope you enjoyed uwu
Sry it took a while to write this