Nevermind

(This is gonna get messy lmao)

The boy ran down the stairs, not exactly running as he tripped multiple times and was falling, only making more bruises than before. He had sweat and a bit of blood drip down his forehead. The messy house smelled like it was burning, like a fire. He got to the last step and made it to the main floor of the house. The small boy ran towards the door and tried to unlock it, but was having trouble doing so. His shaking hands were moving too fast. He was breathing heavily through his bleeding nostrils. "MAXWELL!" A very angry man shouted from up the stairs. Max jumped and looked behind him and saw his father, sprinting towards him. "Go, go, go, go, go!" The boy said to himself as he finally unlocked the door.

Max he opened it and stopped. There was only his front yard and then space. Just infinite space of dark nothingness.

He heard a chuckle and was attacked from behind. His father turned the boy around facing him as they were laying on the hard concrete. The man tried to keep Max still while the boy tried to escape, luckily the mother came in and helped keep their boy still.
"Here." The woman said to his husband as she handed him a switchblade. Max saw what she handed to him and was terrified. The boy tried his hardest to get out of their grips. "ENOUGH!" His mother had kicked the boy's, already injured, head. Max yelped in pain. Everything felt dizzy to him. He felt like he was hallucinating. He couldn't hear, but the boy could tell his mom and dad were talking to each other softly. He was breathing heavily as he stared up at the night sky. The father lifted the boys hoodie and shirt to reveal his stomach that had been covered with scattered bruises. The man put the tip of the blade against his cold skin. Max started hyperventilating, then he heard two familiar voices from a far. "MAX!" Gwen and David were running towards the boy and his terrible parents. It looked like they weren't even getting close, if anything just getting further away. They were not going to save him in time. The blade was already in deep in his body. The boy was gone.

~

"Max!" David shouted, shaking the frightened boy that just woke up. What a great way to start off the day. Max looked around to convince himself that the nightmare was over. He was in David's bedroom, it was still raining, Mr. Honeynuts was right next to the boy, and he was in David's arms. 'Why would they? Why would my own parents murder me? Why was Gwen and David not fast enough? Why didn't they save me in time?' Max said to himself as David tried to talk to him, repeating his name over and over again. Max tried to hold in his tears, he didn't want to bother David with a stupid dream that wasn't real. It wasn't real right? Max couldn't keep it in. Tears started coming out his emerald eyes, making it twinkle. It dropped down both his cheeks. David was heartbroken to see the boy cry again, so he did what any person would do. Give him a hug. Max expected him to do this, but it felt different this time, he liked it. He felt happy and sad at the same time. It felt warm. It felt like he can let everything out. It felt like with a simple hug, he would understood. The first time, David couldn't hug back because of how quick Max was. The second time, David gave the hug, but Max didn't gave it back. Now David gave the hug and Max did it back. The boy sobbed in the mans shoulder and grinned his teeth as his little arms wrapped around him. "Shh.. it's not real, It's not real. It's just nightmares, you're safe."

Max started to calm down and smiled softly. He liked that sentence.

David let go and set the boy down on the bed, "I know what will help you feel better." The man grabbed his guitar and sat down on the side of the bed. The boy got himself comfortable in the soft bed sheets. 'I guess some music would be calm right now'

David began strumming the strings. "There's a place I know that's tucked awa-"

"Nope, No, not today." Max interrupted and turned on his side, facing the wall.

David chuckled, "Okay, fine."

Max sighed in relief, "Thank you."

"I'll just hum it."

Max groaned and stuffed his face a pillow. David began to hum the song and play the guitar lightly in a slow, nice tempo. Max had to admit, it was very nice. The boy felt like he could fall back sleep listening to the music. The sound of rain from outside just made it nicer.

Max eventually fell back asleep after the song ended. David gently put the guitar down so it wouldn't wake up the boy. The sleepy man smiled and then crawled into the bed sheets. Then shortly after, there was just two, peaceful sleeping boys. But it wouldn't be like that for long.

~

Max jumped up. Someone was knocking loudly on the front door. He turned to his right to see David peaceful sleeping, snoring softly. The man was deep asleep. He then looked behind him and read the clock. It was five in the
morning.

The curious boy got out of bed. He made his way out the bedroom and hopped on the sofa, looking out the window.

It was the police.

"Shit.." Max whispered to himself.

'What are they doing here?' He thought to himself. '..Did David.. ?"

He ran back to the bedroom and started shaking David's shoulder aggressively. He woke him up, "Maaax, what are you doin-"

"Why are the cops here?" Max asked.

"What..?" David said confused as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"The cops! Their outside!" Max said louder, in an annoyed tone. David froze for a second and stood up. He left the room with Max following from behind. David looked out the window to see bright flashing blue and red lights. The police knocked on the door once again. "But they said they were coming this evening ..." David mumbled to himself, but Max heard.

"What!?" Max shouted. "Did you call them?!"

"No! I didn't... they called me." David admitted.

Max went silent. David told them and now their gonna take him away.

"Max, I'm doing what is best for you-"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT DAVID YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS BEST! I THOUGHT YOU UNDERSTOOD, BUT YOU CLEARLY DON'T!"

"Max, their gonna take you to an orphanage, you won't be with your parents anymore! You'll be happy I promise!" David tried to calm him down, but it wasn't working.

"DAVID, I DON'T WANT TO GO TO A STUPID ORPHANAGE, I WANT TO STAY WITH YOU!" The boy said the truth. "I came here because I wanted a better home! I wanted a better family.."

David didn't say anything, he felt as if he said something he would screw up again.

"But you don't want me either..."

(1212 words) well that was a disaster. Hope you enjoyed <3 🌸