XIX

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

THE TENSION IN THE ROOM could be cut with a butter knife. Jeongguk sat in his chair, his jaw clenched tightly as he glared at the meat the chef was preparing in front of us.

Jimin looked smug at the fact that he had clearly embarrassed his cousin and successfully shut him up.

I glanced up at his face, hoping his eyes would meet mine.

As if he read my mind, his gaze turned to me and his expression softened, he smiled lightly and placed a reassuring hand on my exposed thigh.

My face tinged pink but I managed a soft smile of my own as we maintained eye contact.

Yoongi cleared his throat, "So how's it feel to be the CEO in line?" He laughed, taking a sip of his drink and looking at Jimin.

Jeongguk froze at this and clenched his jaw harder as he waited for Jimin's response.

"There's a lot of pressure, but it feels good knowing all my hard work is finally paying off." He replied, looking down at his own drink before taking a tentative sip.

Jeongguk scoffed quietly, but loud enough for us all to hear.

Jimin simply rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to say something but the chef announced that our food was ready.

He moved the food closer to us and told us to serve ourselves as much as we wanted.

"What do you want?" Jimin turned to me and asked, grabbing my plate and chopsticks.

"Um just the beef and rice, but I can do it-" I reached to take my plate back from him but he moved it just out of my reach and smiled at my attempt.

I frowned at him and he chuckled softly before moving to grab some of the beef.

Jeongguk noticed him reaching for it and swooped in just before Jimin could, making sure to take his time placing the meat on his own plate.

Jimin glared at him the whole time, which only made Jeongguk move slower.

He eventually became impatient and shoved Jeongguk's hand slightly so he could gain access, which only prompted a shoving contest.

I looked to Yoongi for help but he was too busy laughing at them to help me in any way.

"Hey!" I whisper-yelled sternly, hoping it would catch their attention.

It didn't.

I rolled my eyes as they turned to face each other and glared, daring the other to make the first move.

"Okay no, no you don't," I chastised, squeezing myself in between their chairs to use my body as a physical barrier between them.

"If you two lack the maturity to just shut up and eat dinner together then how would either of you be fit to run a company?" I huffed, looking between them.