XXII

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

J E O N G G U K ' S  P O V

MY CELL PHONE RANG three times exactly before I answered the call.

"Is it done?" the voice on the other line asked, not bothering with formalities.

"Yes, I sent them the photo, but they haven't responded," I answered, still confused about the plan, "How are we supposed to proceed now?"

"We proceed by doing nothing." Their voice deepened as they replied.

"By doing nothing?" I repeated in confusion.

"Yes, you idiot, we must wait for the opportune moment to strike, now is too soon to do anything." 

The insult felt like a slap in the face, even if the identity of the person was a mystery, I still craved their praise, as odd as it was.

"Of course, you're right, please forgive my insolence." I quickly apologized, not wanting to make matters worse.

"Just don't question me again, and don't do anything unless I give the order." They commanded gruffly.

The line suddenly went dead and I realized they had hung up.

I placed the phone back on the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed, sighing.

"It'll all be worth it in the end," I reassured myself for what felt like the hundredth time this week.

"The end justifies the means."

    ▬▬▬▬ 

OoooooOooo how fun;) a lil bit of drama for y'all.

any predictions so far?

who the voice is?

what will happen next?

as always, thank you for your support <33