Summer of 1926

(y/n POV)

Alastor and I are looking at the sunset in New Orleans, 1926. It's a warm night, as mid july usually is. I see him smiling while looking at the sunset. He looks so content, even though I know for a fact he is bored out of his mind.

"Dear, you insisted we see the sunset before your performance in the morning" Alastor says not even looking at me "and yet you're not even watching it."

"tsk" I look at the sunset. "Al?"

"Yes, dear?" I feel him look at me

"If i mess up tomorrow, Will you be upset?" I turn to him

"Of course not!" he says standing up "you could never upset me, love." He extends one hand to me, "everything you do, you do exemplary at, so don't fret."

I smile and take his hand. He pulls me closer. He rests his head on the top of mine. One of the perks of him being so tall. "You're perfect, you know that?"

I felt Alastor tense up for a sec, then says "well I sure hope so" He laughs with one hand on his forehead.

-Time skip to the next day-

I look around at all of the people enjoying their food and talking to one another from off the stage. I have a microphone attached to a pole in front of me. I take a long deep breath, a pathetic attempt to shake my nerves.  I close my eyes, continuing to breath. I open them and see Alastor sitting at an empty booth with the largest grin. I smile then look down at my feet. The stage crew rolls in this beautiful black grand piano, I detach the mic and attaches it to the pole over the top of the grand piano. I sit down as the lights dimmed. The chattering simmers down completely. The spotlight over my head turns on and I can feel its heat radiating onto me.

Then I sing...

"Sometimes I wonder why I spend

The lonely nights

Dreaming of a song.

The melody haunts my reverie

And I am once again with you.

When our love was new, and each kiss an inspiration.

But that was long ago, and now my consolation

Is in the stardust of a song."

As I sing I look off into the crowd, I see them all bewildered from hearing my voice. I catch a glimpse at Alastor, he literally is the cutest ever. He's staring right at me with that goofy grin, seeming like he's the proudest man on the planet.

When I finished the song, the cheers roared throughout the bar, people were whistling and clapping, I don't think one person was still sitting when I was finished. I raise my right hand, then but it to my heart, while my left is behind my back and bow.

I go backstage where I see Alastor waiting for me. I run up to him and give him a hug, he practically lifts me up and spins me around. "That was wonderful, my dear!"

I look up at him and notice he had tears in his eyes.

"'A-Al?"

He smiles and wipes his eyes. "Sorry, dear, some dust is all."
I scoff "yeah dust"

He hugs me again