Winter of 1923 Pt 3

"I love you y/n"

He takes my hand while still on the ground.

"Y-You do?"

"With all my heart, My dear" He kissed my hand.  My face is practically a tomato now. And I don't think it's the whiskey talking.

"I love you too, Alastor." He looks shocked for a second. But quickly regains himself.
He smiles at me, and we both carefully stand up. Trying not to slip on the incredibly slippery floor.
He leans in to kiss me, when suddenly we heard the front door handle jingle.

"You expecting someone else?" He looks at the door confused.

"Oh sh- Its James!" I almost slip while saying that, but Alastor quickly catches me. I look up at him.

"Falling for me, are we?"

"Shut it you goof."

The door opens, which reveals a very drunk James. Still in his police uniform, only with his belt and hat missing. Leaning on the doorframe for support.

"Mind not doing that In My kitchen, y/n?" James asks while stumbling

"James, you're drunk"

"No You're drunk" He says pointing at me with his booze bottle "What's with this mess?" He gestures to the soapy floor

Alastor and I glance at each other "there's nothing there james" I walkover to him and throw his arm over my shoulder "let's get you to bed"

He shakes his head and hiccups.

I make my way upstairs with james. He ends up falling right on his bed and immediately passing out. I sigh and head to the laundry closet and grab a mop.
I go downstairs and Alastor is already scrubbing the floor with some washcloths. I smile and start scrubbing too. We collect all of the water and dump it on to the yard.

"Are you leaving now?" I ask

"Would you like me to?" He says as he stretches

"Not really" I laugh

"As you wish, my love" he says energetically while he raises his arms up in the air and walks past me, into the house.  I roll my eyes, smiling and follow him.

"Al, I'm going to jump in the shower." I say walking up the stairs

"Mind if I run home to get a change of clothes?" He says gesturing to his damp suit

"Of course not" I wave to him and make my way upstairs.

I get undressed and jump in the shower. I didn't even notice how cold I was until I felt the hot water touching my skin.

-Timeskip-

I get out of the shower, and get changed into pajamas. It's a short, slightly see through, white dress. So it doesn't leave much for the imagination. I look in the mirror. "Why don't I have anything more modest?" I say no no one in particular.
Then again, it's not like ive been planning on having anyone seeing me in my pajamas any time soon.
There's a knock at the front door. I lean out of my window which is directly above the front door. Alastor is there

"Up here" I wave. He looks up at me and smiles "its open"

He walks in and I run to the top of the stairs to greet him.

"Welcome back"

"Always good to be back"

I laugh "so um.. Where do you want to sleep?"

He rubs the back of his neck. I could see a faint blush on his cheeks. Which made me blush even more.

"You know I would never ask you to share a bed, if you weren't comfortable, right?"

"O-Of course I'm comfortable!" I immediately cover my mouth, realizing what I said.

He laughs. "Is that a yes?

I nod, with my hands still covering my face.

He walks up the stairs, when he gets to me, he puts his arm around my back. Leading me to the bedroom....

*Authors note*

We're at over 300 reads. Thank you all so much! I'll be sure to update as much as I can.

Love you all

-Gray