144. A Promise

The little princess has regained consciousness and returned to Princess Long Xia's palace. Before going along with her mother, the little princess said, "I will come again after a few days of recuperating~". Her voice is weak but the little princess had been smiling.

Hearing that voice, Li Xi Rui replied, "You are always welcome in Jian Palace". It's a lie if Li Xi Rui say that she didn't feel guilty. If Li Xi Rui hadn't put her guard down, she might discover the chamber maid's plot.

"Don't make that look. Everyone need to take responsibility for their own actions", Princess Long Xia pats Li Xi Rui's back. She never blames Li Xi Rui. If she starts to blame, then everyone is guilty of something. The Empress is guilty for pushing the chamber maid into Jian palace; the emperor is guilty for overlooking the Empress's conduct; the chamber maids guilty for coveting something that was not theirs; Li Xi Rui guilty for being happy and forgot about the evil chamber maids; and even her, Princess Long Xia is guilty for not assigning someone to check her daughter's foods and drinks. As for her daughter, that little princess is guilty for being a glutton.

"Yes, aunt", Li Xi Rui smiles.

Princess Long Xia has long known that Li Xi Rui is a beautiful young woman. But paired with the warm smile, Li Xi Rui's eyes sparkling. For a while, Princess Long Xia could not take off her eyes from Li Xi Rui's face, 'enchanting...', thought Princess Long Xia. No wonder her nephews fell in love with her. With one last good bye, Princess Long Xia and her entourage left Jian Palace.

For three days, Jian Palace has been bustling with people come and goes. But now after they left, the place becomes quiet again.

"Xiao Xi, I want to be alone for a while. If QiQi come, tell her that I am alright. I don't want to be disturbed", Li Xi Rui told Xiao Xi as she walks to Long Jie's courtyard.

"Yes, princess Consort", Xiao Xi and the other servants politely withdraw themselves, leaving Li Xi Rui in that spacious yard.

Li Xi Rui needs to be alone. She needs to think and plan appropriate actions.
Left alone in the courtyard, Li Xi Rui wrote down what she knew in her past life:

1. Robbery in Li residence.
2. Minister Lu has been killed (her friend's (Lu Xin Yin) father)
3. Father Jailed and being investigated.
4. Father and brother has been killed by assassins
5. Mother killed herself
6. Mu Jiu Jiu has been poisoned
7. I will die
8. Long Jie had obtained the orb.
9. Long Jie had used the orb and had sacrificed something in order to use the orb.
10. I returned to the time of the annulment.

After making sure that nothing has been left out, Li Xi Rui began adding some more words into the sheet of paper jotting down the change of events...

1. Robbery in Li residence.
(Long Jie come to the rescue)

2. Minister Lu has been killed (her friend's (Lu Xin Yin) father)
(Long Jie found the evidence that prefect Wei staged everything and try to pin the blame on father. The Wei family has connections with Phantom sect)

3. Father Jailed and is being investigated.
(This time, prefect Wei filled that role)

4. Father and brother has been killed by assassins
(The assassins from Phantom sect failed. It has something to do with the sect master)

5. Mother killed herself
(might not happen since the reason of her suicidal is nonexistent)

6. Mu Jiu Jiu has been poisoned
(Mu Jiu Jiu's child is supposed to be harmed by the poison. And I was frame. But this time, her child is no longer alive for a long time)

7. I will die

"This is a bit complicated", Li Xi Rui looked at the sentence. Dying is not a part of her plan. If she can, she would like to be alive to see her child.

Sighing, Li Xi Rui move on to other events that Rui Sheng had told her before.

8. Long Jie had obtained the orb.
(How? Does it has something to do with the Phantom sect? Did Long Jie manage to seek revenge?)

9. Long Jie had used the orb and had sacrificed something in order to use the orb.
(Again, how did he knows how to use it? What did he sacrificed?)

"I should ask that old man about this before", Li Xi Rui told herself. At that time Li Xi Rui was too shocked to ask this important thing.

10. I returned to the time of the annulment.
(The start of my new life)

"Everything has changed", Li Xi Rui mumbled. She hadn't realised that everything has changed that much. Maybe it was due to her attention on her own family's safety, that she didn't want to know what had happened after her death. But to face the uncertain future, she must be alert.

'I was wrong!', Li Xi Rui realised. 'The biggest villain is not me, Mu Jiu Jiu or even the imperial family. But it is the Phantom sect!', thought Li Xi Rui.

The imperial family do have their fault to some extent, but most of everything was due to the orb! Just to have the orb, the Phantom sect tried everything and even ended up killing her family. The imperial family is also at fault for overlooking the assassinations.

'If the imperial family do have connections with the Phantom sect, then wouldn't Long Jie discovered it long ago?', Li Xi Rui couldn't help but wondered. The schemes run deep. Her death was just an insignificant thing compared to that tiny orb.

"Phantom sect master, who are you?", Li Xi Rui asked herself. Who is this man that has always targeted her family? 'Where is Mu Jiu Jiu fit into all of this?', thought Li Xi Rui.

Everything is more complicated than she had realised.

"Jie Er, let's go to the headquarters. Bring the other shadows", Li Xi Rui spoke to the empty courtyard.

From nowhere, a voice could be heard replying, "Yes, Madam".

And in a blink of an eye, Li Xi Rui had been carried by Jie Er to the Qilin Headquarters. The other shadows are trailing behind them.

Lightly, Li Xi Rui and Jie Er stepped in the main living quarters in the Qilin sect. Li Xi Rui slowly make her way to the sect master's study.

"What a pleasure to see sect madam~", the annoying voice rang inside the room.

"Old man, I see that you are still annoying as ever", Li Xi Rui greeted Rui Sheng.

Chuckling, Rui Sheng had known that Li Xi Rui will come visit him in the headquarter sooner or later. "Everything have a price. I wonder if the sect madam could pay for those questions?", Rui Sheng probes.

"It depends. What do you want?", Li Xi Rui asked Rui Sheng. That man has always toyed with other people.

"Well, I just need a promise", Rui Sheng replied. It is not a good idea to reveal the universe's secrets just for his own gain. But Rui Sheng really need something from Li Xi Rui.

A promise.

'A promise?', thought Li Xi Rui. It sounds harmless enough. But knowing the man in front of her, it would be far from a simple inquiry. She is torn.

Should she give him a promise? Or should she just remained in the dark?

P/s: Do anyone ever see sparkles in your beloved's eyes?

My ex boyfriend used to pester me about my eyes. He said, "Your eyes seems to be sparkling. At first I thought it was just reflections of light but everyday that I see you, I can see the sparks".

After a few years, I asked him again wether he still sees the sparks?

Then he said, "I see it everyday. Only when you're mad at me that I couldn't see the sparks".

I think he must have forgotten about this by now. He has memory impairment. So he couldn't recalled the things he did or said long ago.