Chapter 11

It's true when everyone says that if you fell in love your brain stops working and it's your heart which rules. The same thing is happening with me. I was so lost in Niti's love that, I didn't even notice when she was reciprocating to my feelings. I was unable to see anything beyond her.

Right now I am sitting in my car waiting for the signal to turn green so that I can reach to Niti's as early as possible. But it seems today luck is not going to favour my side. I am stuck here since last one and half an hour. Sometimes I feel like running to Niti keeping the car here only, but it's our life not some movie, so I can't do that.

Thank God after like eternity finally the signal turned green and I drove off as fast as I could. After driving for 10 minutes more, I reached at Niti's place. I came out of the car and ran towards the lift. But guess what? The lift was out of order.

Can it be anymore worse???

I couldn't wait there anymore. So, I ran and took the stairs. I started climbing as fast as I could jumping two or three stairs at a time.

Finally when I reached Niti's apartment, I was literally huffing like anything. Sweating badly. But without caring about all that I pressed the door bell. I kept on pressing as I wasn't able to wait anymore to see Niti.

Niti opened the door after a few seconds. Without caring about the surrounding or any other thing I just took her in a bone crushing hug. I know she was startled with my sudden hug as it took her long to reciprocate to the hug. But she did. She also hugged me tightly. I tightened my hold more around her.

When it felt like eternity, I finally broke the hug. I cupped her cheeks and placed a warm kiss on her forehead. I wasn't able to move my eyes from her.

"I love you too," I replied then again took her in a hug. There was a never ending smile on both our faces.

"You stupid, who takes so long to understand this simple gesture? You made me wait so long," Niti complained while wrapping her arms around me. I didn't remember stop smiling even for a second.

We were still standing at the doorstep and this baby girl was snuggling more and more into me. I liked the feeling of her being in my arms. Because she fits in my arms like the stars fits in the night sky.

"Sorry that I made you wait so much. But now everything will be perfect," I assured her in which I could feel her lips curving into a pretty smile on my chest.

"I know and I trust you," I couldn't hold my smile back. Finally I got what I always wanted.

My peace.....

My Niti....

We came out of our trance when I heard my phone was ringing. We broke the hug. I took out my phone from my pocket only to find the call from Palash. I picked it up.

P: Turn the speaker on.

I did.

Kish (shouted from other side): Heyyyyy love birds.

Niti and me started blushing with the name. Niti hid her face in my arms and I just gathered her.

K (excitedly): So, my lovely sister and soon to be jiju when are you giving us party?

Pa (shouting in joy): Yessssss. We want a proper party. I can't wait to get drunk in this happiness.

N: Hi! Guys.

Ki (ever so dramatically): Nitiiiii, finally you became my daughter in law. I had waited so long for this day.