(15) Fiery Countdown

Kotori's blood pressure was rising as the ride she was riding on, next to her was her big brother, Shido. Kotori was sweating bullets as the ride escalated her, higher and higher. She might've thrown up if she was afraid of heights. She turned to Shido, but he was grinning ear to ear. There was no exit from this escalating doom, and Shido knew this. Kotori asked. "Shido.. are you sure? Is it too late to get off? I want off."

"Oh, it's WAY too late now."

The ride suspended. For a minute, nobody moved. And then suddenly, without warning, it came swooping down. Kotori's screams filled the air.

========================

"Should we depart now? I've gotten intel about strange otherworldly beings that are not Spirits." A female spoke in the darkness.

"Not Spirits you say?" A man in a darkly dimmed office thought to himself. "I do not suppose this was part of the plan?"

"It wasn't. I've managed to gather information for approximately seven otherworldly beings." The female passed down some documents that were somehow bypassed from Fraxinus over to this mysterious duo.

"Let's take a gander, shall we?" The man turned on a light, which revealed the man to have spiky, dark ash blond hair. "Hmm. These documents come with pictures. These could be helpful in the experimentations. First document... A man named... Mario. Strange. Out of all these 7 documents, only three are close to human. Mario and... Luigi, it seems And a lovely princess figure named... Peach. The rest definitely do not seem normal. How interesting. Yoshi, Bowser, a... smaller version, and Kamek.."

"If I believe correctly, we've already got one of them." The woman simply said.

"Yes, I'm aware. But it could not communicate whatsoever. It kept saying it's own name, unable to even talk. At least the DNA confirmed it was this Yoshi character. I have already dealt preparations to keep it contained in that place. Now," He looked at the documents again. "Do you know which one the potential leader of these beings could be?"

"If I recall correctly, every quest has been led by the red one. Very well. I shall test him soon. After we get rid of this other problem."

"Ah, yes. I should expect the Strongest Wizard In Humanity to know when to stand by when a great Flame Spirit comes soon." The man chuckled.

"I'm counting on you, Ellen. Please be patient." The man continued, and looked down at the picture of Mario, malicious intent in mind.

" The man continued, and  looked down at the picture of Mario, malicious intent in mind

========================

Mario was surfing down the jungle cruise on a log while standing up because he was that cool. "Yippee!"

Meanwhile, Luigi was crying for his life while he was tightly buckled in on a flume log. "Waaa-haaaa!" Of course, his ride was calmer than Mario's, but it was still nerve-wrecking to Luigi.