5

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you like my story.

Thanks

***********************************************************************************************

Wayo POV

Ming and I were eating breakfast in the small café near the building where the Stars and Moons were to begin practice in an hour.  I was completly zoned out. The incident with Phana had happened 2 days ago and I had spent the entirety of yesterday locked in my room afraid I would run into him, or worse, he would try to 'talk' to me again.

No matter how much I went over in my head what happened with Phana, I just couldn't make sense of it. 

How could he say the things he said about me a year ago, and yet do the things he did to me? I felt so confused. Did I imagine it? Memories of how Phana was able to manipulate my body kept fighting to be at the forefront of my thoughts. No matter how many times I chased them away, they seemed to be more powerful than the hatred for him I desperately tried to cling to.

Maybe being in love with him for so long had caused a me mental damage?

Deep in my thoughts, I barely heard Ming as he began to shout my name over and over, "Yo? Yo? Hey, earth to Yo." He waved a hand in front of my face, "YO!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. 

"What the hell is wrong with you today? You ignore my calls all day yesterday, then when you finally answer, you sounded like a depressed zombie. I almost came over to check on you" Ming questioned.

I looked up at my best friend of nearly 10 years and tears began flowing down my face. He immediately changed seats to sit next to me. "Talk to me Yo".  I wiped my tears and told him without going into too much detail what had happened between me and Phana.

"Holy shit!" was the only response he seemed to be able to piece together.

I laid my head on the table and started to feel disappointed in myself for letting Phana do the things he did. Ming must have known what I was thinking because he patted my back and said, "Don't you dare feel bad, you did nothing wrong. In fact this could be a good thing. Maybe you'll finally have your chance to be with him".

"Ming, I don't want to be with him. It took so much work for me to get over him". 

"Maybe you're not as over him as you thought" he replied. I stood up from the table and grabbed my backpack, "I don't want to think about this anymore, I just want to live my life without all these complications. Can we please just stop talking about it?" Ming nodded his head and grabbed his own bag. 

We headed out the door to practice.

Later that afternoon during our lunch break I spotted Phana, Kit, and Beam, as well as a few other faculty Moons sitting on the benches outside. They were all talking and laughing together. I hated that I was going to have to see him so much. 

Being last year's campus Moon meant he would be at our practices a lot in order to help us out. All the faculties Stars and Moons would be.

I sat down to eat my lunch with Ming and when I looked up Phana was looking at me. I returned my attention back to my lunch. Ming kept glancing over at the bench Phana was siting at. 

"He's still staring at you" Ming said quietly with a small smile on his face. "Just ignore him" I gritted through my teeth. Even though I hadn't looked back at Phana again, I felt his gaze on me. I tried so hard to finish my lunch, but it became harder and harder to swallow each bite.

I finally gave up eating and got up to throw away the rest of my food. I returned to the practice room where I submerged myself into the dance routine we were being taught.