three

For some odd reason, Maki had come over and... comforted me? I thought she hated my guts. Must have misunderstood.

She assured me that "everything was going to be okay" even though I doubt she knew the Himiko situation. Unless Himiko blabbed all about it already. Brat.

Not long after Maki left, Shuichi came over and sat across from me, questioning me.

"What was that about?" he asked.

I put on a fake glare and snarled at him. "None of your business." I stated flatly.

"Uh-"

"Just kidding! Nishishi, you should've seen your face!"

He laughed slightly and shook his head. "You're... pretty good at that," he said.

After a while he got up and left, leaving me alone. I most definitely wasn't alone in my thoughts though. All I could think about was Himiko's threat to put a spell on me. I wasn't TOO worried about it before, but now that Monokuma's motive is coming true, I was... kinda freaking out. She was still pissed at me, so I doubt she would spill the beans about what kind of spell it was, but I should at least try to get it out of her, right?

I got up and started to leave the cafe, when I heard Himiko's small voice from the hallway. I froze and slid around the corner so she couldn't see me.

"...give him back his memories," she said. She must of been finishing a sentence because it didn't make any sense. I kept listening.

"Oh, yeah!" said another voice. It was Tenko. "Apparently all of our memories are supposed to be AWFUL, right? That's why we don't have them, right?" she asked, a bit too excitedly.

"Of course, I plan to make him suffer for what he did," she said, in a voice that suggested she was pouting.

I'm guessing she's talking about me, but what did I do?! I just dropped her damn bottle, yeesh...

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming towards where I was hiding. I freaked out and ran to my room, being careful to be light on my feet so she couldn't hear me.

When I finally got there, I fell on my bed, out of breath. My heart and thoughts were racing. What did she mean she was gonna give me back my memories? Is that even allowed? What if I don't like what I remember? What if I forget everything about the game so far? What if-

*knock knock knock*

I jumped at the sudden noise and slowly got out of bed. I trudged to the door and opened it cautiously. It might be Himiko, or worse, Tenko, here to beat the shit out of me.

To my surprise, it was actually Shuichi. "Hey, Ouma," he said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I just came to warn you about Himiko. I overheard a conversation she had with Tenko, and I think she's planning to give you your memories back. I don't know if she's able to do that from a long distance, or if she has to do it verbally, but-"

"I know," I interrupted. "I heard the whole conversation too. And by what she said in the cafe earlier, it seems to be the first option, since she claimed she'd already done it. I suppose at that moment she didn't know what exactly she was casting, but-" I paused. I had been on a rant. I blushed and looked back at Shuichi, to give him the signal that he got finish, but he just stared, at me, stunned. It was almost like he didn't expect me to know all that. Or he didn't expect it to be coming from me.

"Um, you good?" I asked. He jumped and nodded, reverting his eyes back to me.

"Y-Yeah, sorry," he stuttered. He cleared his throat and looked me dead in the eyes. "Listen, Kokichi," he started. "You seriously need to watch out. You might not like the memories you get back."

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks, Shuichi. That means a lot to me,"

"What? What do you mean?"

"The fact that you care about me! Not many people do," I explained.

"..Oh," he said. "Well I'm glad i could make you happy," he said, as he left my room. I blushed and buried my face in my scarf.

Thank you.