7

- CHAPTER SEVEN: CAPTURE THE FLAG 章 7: 旗を取れ

7: 旗を取れ

And here I was. A sword in one arm, and armour on my chest. I nervously looked around my surroundings as I took slow steps into the forest. All I had to do was to find a flag, and then the game would be over.

Yeah, that's totally it. You can do it Gyeongi, you are a strong and independent woman.

I tried to convince myself that I could get out of this game alive, however I was unsure if my actions matched my words.

As i walked further into the forest, I started hearing foot steps and rustling in the woods. I quickly turned around to the sounds as I tried to find the source of the sounds. I quickly pointed my sword out in the air, not knowing how to use it.

"I-i am armed!" I yelped as I looked around the area. As I was about to run off to the next direction, someone popped out from the bushes. I screamed in surprise and fell down on my bum.

I lost my grip on my sword, and it fell to the ground, inches away from me.

I panicked and slowly crawled away. As I sat helplessly on the ground, I noticed that someone stood in front of me. I slowly looked up to see a guy in the same colored chest plate as me.

He bent down and grabbed my sword. He then handed it to me, as he smiled.

The boy was also a brunette, his eyes crinkled together, and his smile resembled a rectangle. "You can't surrender so fast!" He chuckled. I tried to laugh it off as I grabbed the sword. He reached out his hand to me.

I stared at it for a second before I engulfed my hands with his. He pulled me back up. I sent him an awkward smile. "Thank you..," I smiled, in which he nodded.

"You know how to play the game right?" He asked me as he looked at me with a curious face. I shrugged my shoulders. "All I need to do is to catch the flag right?" I told him, and he nodded.

"Yeah, but there is no rules in catching the flag," The mysterious guy said as he continued, "Which means that everyone can kill and attack you any time, and no matter how hurt you are, they will still fight against you,"

I gulped.

"Do not worry though, you have a lot of teammates, and as long as you stick to them, you will probably be safe," he assured me as he ruffled my hair.

Come to think of it, I haven't asked for his name yet. Since there was only me and him at that moment, I decided to ask for his name.

"Hey, what is your name?" I curiously asked him. The brown haired guy looked at me, his corned lips slightly forming a smile.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, son of Hades," He said. My eyes widened. Son of Hades? And, if Hades is my fathers brother, does this mean that Taehyung is my cousin?  Come to think of it, this is the first time for me to ever be meeting a family member.