Chapter Dos: Yay! Work!

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. "J-Just 5 more hours, I need my sleep-p.." I mumble while hitting the snooze button. Beep. Beep. Beep. T-That stupid machine won't allow me to sleep, might as well just go to work. Ha, even after spending over 138,000 hours on school, I still can't manage to wake up at 6:00 in the morning. At least the alarm clock I have just goes beep, much much better than the older ones I had. Those could ring for 2 seconds and you already wanna fucking destroy it. Meow. I see a tiny little face look at me, guess I woke up my little kitty, she looks so sweet.

I get up and feed my lil pets, they never seem to get full. As I finally get out of the shower I dress up for work and kiss my babies bye. Out the door.

Time skip cause talking about driving is boring

I arrive at work early this time, no yelling from Fowler. I dash to my desk to find Gavin isn't there. Should've expected that, it's Gavin. Well gotta start working.

Another time skip cuz why not?

I hear a groan and someone collapse into the seat, it's Gavin. He's about 1hr late, I wonder why Fowler hasn't kicked him out. "Mornin' Detective Reed!" I gleefully say. "Whatever prick..." A "Good morning Detective (y/n)" would've been amazing. "Anyway, a new case was just dismissed. Wanna go check it out?" "Whatever, as long as it gets Fowler off my dick" I'm actually kinda excited now, he seemed pretty ok to it. "I'll drive." My train of thought was broken by this. "Huh?" was all that could manage to escape my lips as we walked for the door. We exit the door and get into his car.

I can't help but want to smile, I'm actually excited to get to the case with Gavin. We get out of the driveway and into the open road. I slid my usb into the port, can't believe these no longer exist. Music from the good ol' days begin to play. (choose the song then I'll re-edit cuz I'm indecisive) plays and i couldn't help but notice Gavin lightly smiling and humming along. His eyes glance to me, luckily I turn away in a fraction of a second, but I can't help but get a big goofy smile. I peek again and still see him smiling, it's amazing, breathtaking and he's so cute-e..Ah! Why did I think that? I'll just ignore that...

"We're here," he says "get your phcking disk out of my car" now there's the Gavin I know. I glared "Whatever" as he just rolls his eyes. "Ah, Detective Gavin and Detective (y/n), what brings you here today?" A fellow police officer says, Chris Smith, that's his name if I remember correctly. "We're here to investigate about the death or both a android and its owner," I state "could we get information and the autopsy report?" "Here they are, currently updated to recent findings around 30 minutes ago." Chris speaks as he hands me the files.

Android: RT400 under name Ben
Cause of death: stab wounds
Time of death: 1:38 pm

Human identification: Dave Orlon
Cause of death: hit with blunt object, more than 4 times due to concave sections in head
Time of death: 3:09 am

"So the android not only killed Dave but was stabbed by an outside force as if it needed to commit suicide then it should've had it's weapon with it." I stated. "No shit Sherlock" Gavin says out of nowhere, forgot that he exists for a moment. "I'll leave the case to you guys," Chris chuckles as he walks off, "have fun." Now back to business.
As we look at the crime scene, I see Gavin walking over with something in his hands. "Here," he just says as he gives me the item, a pocket knife, "found this waaay over there" I can't help but give a light chuckle as he points I'm the direction he got the blade. Using the some fingerprint tape and a record of fingerprints, we saw that the pocket knife belong to someone called Tyler Bale. I saw Chris come back from his abrupt leave. "Start a search for him. He can't be far from here," I told him, "while that happens I'll be on my way home. See ya Chris." "Cya detectives, till we meet again." He yawned back.

It's around 6:45, oof, at least I left the petsitter to feed and walk my babies. "Hey dipshit," Gavin popped up out of nowhere, "it's quite late.....so wanna come over to my place?" I feel heat running up to my face, he asked for me to crash at his place, I feel even more heat rushing to my face. I get another big goofy smile and say "Mhm sure."

As we got back into his car, I just noticed that Gavin seemed pretty happy today....I liked it. I slid back my usb and watched as he hummed a few songs. His eyes shift over from the road and meet mine, Crap. Fuck.... he's hot tho...What a awkward moment I've created. We just looked at each others eyes before he looked away. I look out the window and see the illuminated city, it was kinda satisfying to look at it. I feel my eye lids get heavier and heavier until...

When I wake up I notice Gavin carrying me, me being draped over his shoulder. I'm enjoying the view I got of him hehe. He opens a door and I see his apartment, it gives off a homey vibe while I'm greeted by 2 cats following him and looking at me. "What are their names?" I ask "The ginger one is Henry while the black and white one is Oreo." "Cute." He drops me on the couch and walks over to the kitchen. "Want anything?" He shouts from there. "Whatever you got" I yell back. He came back with a coffee and a beer for himself. "Order anything," he says "as long as it's not over $50." I ended up ordering pizza and we just sat there watching shows from Netflix. Gavin looks like he had too much beer, I gotta take him to sleep. I find the cat food and give the kitties food. They just meow and look at me, until I shake the bowl. Now they interested. As they eat, I switch off the TV. "Aww man, just when the drama started." I hear Gavin groaning. "You had too much to drink for one night. You gotta sleep earlier now." "But the drama-" "No buts" I snap back. "Haha, you said butts" he giggles. Drunk Gavin is such a dumbass but... he's my dumbass.

I carry him all the way to his room and I dropped him on the bed, tucked him in and as I was about to leave.
"D-Don't go, I want you to stay." He whined. "Anytime Gav." "Gav? I haven't had a nickname in quite some time." "Well you do now." I switch off the light and slide into the bed. He moves over to snuggle me. I can't help but feel hot in my face. I looked down at him and noticed how adorable he is and how he was such amazing eyes. His eyes are just amazing. "Goodnight detective" he says sleepishly as he snuggles into me "Goodnight Gav." I kiss his forehead goodnight.

Writer: Hey, welcome back to this book. Sorry about the long chapter, for those people who don't like long chapters, it's around 1200 words. Hahaha, btw I kinda intended for the ummmm....player to be male so yeah, :o , also tell me anything in the comments below. I do hope you actually enjoyed the chapter tho. Take care! SKSKSKS!