Chapter 13: Gavin...

It's been quite a few days since I last went to work. I can't keep avoiding that place forever, sooner or later I'll probably be sent back to hand in my badge and practically give up the job I actually enjoyed. I've turned into Gavin Reed 2.0.

"What the fuck is up with you?" I'm knocked back down to reality with those words.

"Huh?"

"You're looking out of the window like your in a movie or some shit like that."

"So? What's it to ya?" I force are defensive attitude to stop any incoming questions.

He's just looking at me, like some kind of creature that he the scientist has to study. Arms crossed with his eyes glued to me.

"Why are you so fucking mad? Is it because of what happened with you and that captain dickhead?"

Fuck.

He chuckles, seeing my expression change once his sentence finishes.

"H-How did you know?"

"You forgot that there's someone called Tina," he grins even more, "I gotta say you got balls to talk to that bastard and technically you're still new."

"It's not funny Gav, what if I lose my job?"

"He's all talk but no bite."

"What about the time you found out I was partnered with you? Hmm Gav?"

I definetly struck a nerve there.

"What the fuck are you going on about?" His eyes narrowed and glued to me.

"Nothin Gav, I'm just off today."

He sighs and relaxes his stiff posture, "Look, if it really bothers you that much I can go try to get someone to talk to Fowler, I can't go cause I'll end up losing yours and my badge."

"No need to defend me Reed." I don't want it to come to that.

"Stop being such a moody bitch and let's go."

He grabs my arm and starts pulling me off the chair, it's so hard to get rid of this guy.

"At least let me change into something different."

"Nah, you're good the way you are."

"Did Gavin Reed just complement me?"

"Shut the fuck up. We were even meant to go get lunch so whatever."

My laugh doesn't stop him from pouting.

----------------------------:/---------------------------

He parked into the DPD parking lot, I mean where else is he meant to park?

"Go." His voice is rigid and it actually seems to make matters worse.

"What happened to backing me up?"

"Ain't trying to lose my fucking badge."

"Asshole."

He throws his weirdly shaped middle finger in my face, hate this prick.
I get out of the car, zipping my gray hoodie over my red shirt hoping to look much neater. My heart beat rings in my ears with every step taken almost as if in symphony, knocking my balance off.

I think I tripped at least 5 times before reaching the door. Reminds me of the time that my music teacher told me to perform in front of the entire class but amplified by the weight of the risks.

"Welcome, detective (l/n)! I hope you're ready to stop crime today."

I just see eyes moving down to me while I continue waking down to his office. The walls around me are continuously shrink all around me, I feel cramped and constricted. I can barely breathe.