32

Namjoon's Pov

"How is she?" I asked Jisub as he entered the room.

"She is doing great sir, she might have been hearing about the rumors." He said.

"Rumors. My upcoming wedding with Chungha?"

"Yes, sir. It's all over the tabloid." He replied.

I was sitting in my office and it was been a while after the incident. Dean was just a scapegoat of all the shenanigans. The real culprit is still out there waiting for another chance to kill me again. I better stay away from y/n for a while, it's better to keep her apart.

That son of a bitch is still out there, he can be anywhere and I can't risk y/n's life anymore. Dean refuses to tell the officer who was the mastermind behind all of this while in the interrogation room. He gave just gave me a very confusing and obscure clue. "Someone that I trust."

Who? It can be anyone around me, it could be my family or it could be my friends. Fuck! Or it could be... Grandfather.

Nobody knows I was at the charity party except Jisub and grandpa himself. He ever told me he pays Jisub to watch over me and dearest mother from the distance, Jisub even disguise as our next-door neighbor.

He used Jisub to watch all my steps. But why did he save me in the first place? I nearly die 8 years ago because of the fire, I lost both of my eyes and my mother, fortunately, save from the incident.

And the incident at the amusement park was so suspicious nobody knows I'll go there with y/n except Jisub, because he's my driver and a traitor this entire time.

Why can't I see all of these before? I was blind with a vengeance and the evil that my grandfather created from the very beginning. He got the demon inside of me raged.

That's the real reason why he asked me to stay away from y/n's family, Mr. Lee Dong Wook knows everything and he's been trying to tell me that this entire time but my grandfather brainwashed me by saying that he was just stupid and snobby wealthy man.

"Think wisely young man, I knew that you a smart boy and I'm pretty sure I didn't underestimate you. Sometimes, we need to be selfish in order to survive in this world." (Refer to chapter 2)

"Jisub, call my grandfather, we are going to have a fancy dinner tonight, we're going to celebrate something tonight," I said as I devilishly smirk.

"Of course Mr. Kim." He was staring at me for a moment before he heads out of the office.

•••

"What a surprise of you inviting me to dinner tonight." He said as he cutting the steak with the cutlery.

"Well, it's very seldom to have dinner with you, grandpa and I wanted to reduce the gap between the two of us. I mean, I was growing up without my father I just have a helpless mother always by my side." I smiled.

"Your father was a good man, Demian. He was so committed to his work and..."

"And rich as fuck? Am I right, grandpa." I smirk as I take a sip my red wine.

He immediately drops the cutlery and looks up at me. We were sitting across each other it was so easy to see how he was reacting to my harsh statement.

"What do you mean, Demian?" He nervously laughed.

"According to the article, they said my dear father died due to the car accident but what they didn't write in the article was he died because of a set up by his own step-father. Which happened to be you, the mysterious step-father. Nobody knows you weren't blood-related to Kim's family, not publicly. You're just a fraud who wanted to be an heir of Kim's fortune but unfortunately one day, you find out that my father got a son and which was happened to be a poor young boy named Kim Namjoon who didn't acknowledge that his belated father was a multi-billionaire. Then you're a sickening evil old man who started his own evil plan just for the wealth and the property that I possess. Nicely done there, but you left your most precious evidence ever. Your useless grandson, Dean... You used him for your own advantages. Father of the years, Mr. Kim Yong-Gun, or should I call you Hyuk Yong-Gun?"

Jisub came from behind and placed the handcuffs around his wrist. "Hyuk Yong-Gun, I'm Han Jisub, from SSA Seoul Special Agent. You are under arrest for guilty of murder."

"You son of a bitch! You are a traitor Jisub! I pay you to do your fucking job!" He yelled.

"El chico malo nunca ganará el juego, señor." (The bad guy will never ever win the game mister) I said as Jisub drag him out of the dining room.

I learned that Jisub wasn't the bad guy as I expected earlier, in fact, he is the one that saves my ass back then and the police officer that I can depend on.