He Doesn't Know

8-26-18
NXT UK WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
NEC BIRMINGHAM
(RHEA POV)

Well g'day mate, this is my first time doing one of these things... you know, just joined the company not to long ago and that, but I regardless I thought this would be fun so... here goes nothing.

For those of you that were supposedly living under a rock, NXT made an expansion overseas with the creation with the NXT UK brand, and held a tournament for the NXT UK title in 2017. One year later, they introduced a women's title and had a tournament for that as well and guess who was invited... that's right, the recruiters found me and I said "Of freaking course!" Okay maybe not in those exact words, but that's besides the point. My life long dream was to wrestle in WWE and now that I got my shot, I wasn't gonna let it slip.

Thus Rhea Ripley was born!

And so began the tournament. I went through opponent after opponent with ease before reaching probably one of my toughest bouts yet in one Toni Storm. It was a hard fought intense back and forth bout, but in the end... I won. I would go down in history, I had the spotlight, I... was a champion, and I had the title to prove it, it was a glorious day.

Anyways after the show, I walked to my locker room to shower and get changed, when I was finished I headed back to the hotel we were all staying at and went to sleep as soon as I hit the bed.

That next morning would start something new that now I never regret. As I was making my way down to the breakfast a little special something caught my eye. Brandon Powers, of who I was a huge fan of was also in that same area getting breakfast.

I tried to not make an ass out of myself by freaking out, but on the inside I was going absolutely mental. I used to watch this guy every week when he whether he was on RAW or Smackdown. Hell, he was my main inspiration to start wrestling, so this man meant a lot to me... I just didn't know how to tell him...

After grabbing my food, I sat down at his table and we just... talked for a bi... as you do... and now when I look back at it... I feel a little dum that I didn't come outright and say that I had a crush on him, but at the same time this was our first time in close proximity with one another so I was pretty nervous that I'd screw something up.

We did talk though about wrestling stuff and all the other banter before we parted ways.

As I went up to my room to grab my things and check out, I was running through the events of what just happened in my head and trying not to break down. The usual saying I hear a lot is "never meet your heroes." Well I met mine... if only he know how much of an impact he made to me.

At the next NXT UK show I had, I was in action against Toni Storm with my title on the line. As much as I didn't really like this, a job was a job.

As I was getting ready for the match something magical happened. Brandon walked up beside me as I prepared in the hallway to gorilla.

"Hey! Good luck champ! Kick some ass out there."

He said as he patted my back.

"Thanks, will do."

I said instinctively as was trying to keep my head before the match.

The match went on without a hitch and I made one mistake... one mistake that Storm capitalized on and won the match and the title.

As frustrated as I was loosing the title, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to take it, Toni's a great superstar with a bright future ahead of her.

I soon walked backstage to see none other than Triple H and NXT UK general manager Johnny Saint waiting with smiles on their faces.

"Great match out there Rhea, even though you didn't win, don't worry, you'll have a lot more title matches in your future."

"I concur."
Saint said as the two exchanged smiles.

"Thanks guys, and trust me... this is only the beginning."

I said with determination as we high fived and I walked to my locker room. When I got there, I opened the door to see the lights were off.

"Huh... well that's odd."

I thought to myself as I fumbled around for a light switch. Eventually, I found it and to my surprise, an envelope was waiting for me along with a medium sized box.

I scanned the room to see if there was anyone, or anything, else hiding. Unsuccessful in my findings, I returned to the box and envelope in one of the lockers.

Quite conveniently on the envelope it said "open me first" so I did and read along.

"Hey Rhea! Awesome match out there! It's a shame you didn't retain, but you damn sure impressed a lot of people including myself, can't wait to see what you do next! P.S. you can open the box now. :)"

I eagerly opened the box to find without a doubt the coolest ring gear I ever had.

Honestly, at this point I was nearly in tears

Honestly, at this point I was nearly in tears. I just never expected all this. Basically, like Brandon's gear, this gear can light up too. I assume it's mainly for entrances, and or promos. It even came with a remote to change the color, and a button on the jacket to turn the lights on and of. It looked so dope!!

"And he did this... for me?"

I thought to myself as a warm sensation flowed through my heart. It was a this moment, that I decided I was done hiding my nervous feelings from him.

It was time I told him how I felt.