Chapter 10: Initiation

June 7, Friday
Defense Quarters Dormitory, Ivy University
5:54 AM

Morning. Just as I thought, the day seemed too early for me.

My dormitory room was all silent, static energies filling the space. And my yawn just contributed into nothing. But soon, I have to break it.

I get myself ready for the day, and went outside the dormitory and towards my classroom...

... But something was wrong.

There was a circle of defense students on the door of the Defense classes. I stayed behind them, seeing what would it be once in a while.

"You heard the rumour?"

"What rumour?"

"That forged evidences?"

"I thought it was just a simple tale, what makes it so relevant?"

"That was the cake. Someone in our class was using this tactic since day one."

"I can't believe it!"

"Here's more. Days ago, the prosecution's luminol had been gone missing. I'm sure someone stole it. And it was a precise tool for conducting blood samples around the murder, I heard."

"So... someone's getting expelled today?"

"I'm sure someone would. It circulated more quicker than usual."

I can't believe it either.

I know that Apollo could get expelled because he had the luminol with him. But for the forged evidences? I am not sure who get the ticket for that.

But I had to make sure first none of my friends get into this mess...

***

June 7, Friday
Defense Quarters Dormitory, Ivy University
6:03 AM

Mia's P.O.V

I was on my desk, looking for scraps to dispose. That until I found a letter with an elegant familiar curvy writing. I happily took it and red it silently for myself.

Dear Mia,

I know you've been working hard enough for the past few months, and that made quite an attention, I could say. Ever since you've been qualified as one of us, you stood up in your own feet. You're a great person and all, but you too, have limitations. I am saying this because you're one of the formidable friends I know in our group. I was thinking if you'll spend some time to your sister and cousin? I think our friends in our department you deserve this after months of hardworking. That would be fine if you accept, and you don't have to worry. I'll happily replace you temporarily.

I will write back as I could. I promise.

-Franziska

Perhaps Franziska was right. I was spending too much time on my duties looking for suspicious activities being assigned for the persons of interest I have to check up frequently. Long before, I missed my home before I even stepped into the city grounds. Something a part of me did miss my home, only to get replaced by loyal and kind friends along the way.

I have Phoenix and Apollo in this desolate university, and on my department, I have Franziska as my best friend. She had done everything I couldn't whilst I was far away from my sisters and cousins at the Kura'in.

She was like one of my sister now. Despite her fierce frame, she isn't that bad. She can learn from her mistakes. And that was probably what I learnt from her.

I decided to write a short letter, and quickly stuffed it in a small letter envelope. I quickly stepped out of my dorm and prepare for the day ahead.