Ruins

Gabriel Chasternam, Commander of the Ruins Guard, long time friend of the founders, and Keeper of the Code.

From being the first commander to lead the Veteranus Vault Guard, he became the guardian of the ruins. To ward of the evils of the world that want to open the vault of knowledge.

He knew this day would come, where one of their own would kill to enter the vault. He blocked the entrance to the citadel, standing parallel to him is Meika. He watched her closely while looking behind her.

The corpses of his men littered the streets, he noticed a black substance enter her soul yet he paid it no mind.

"Meika Onderon, you're under arrest for the murders of many innocent men," He said as she checked his stats

Gabriel Chasternam

L.V: 3 H.P. 28

DEF: 15

He is more pathetic than usual

"Hmm, no response," Gabriel thought as he watched her look at him with dead eyes.

"Meika... Why did you do this?" He asked as she rolled her eyes brought out her dagger.

She remained silent as she attacked him, he blocked the attack using his magic.

"You left me no choice," He said as he summoned his magic. Fire surrounded both of them, making sure that Meika won't flee.

Using his magic, he threw at Meika forming complex patterns that are hard for her to dodge.

Somehow she was able to dodge it with ease. He swears he could see a figure behind her.

He blinks to see there is nothing. She attacks once more, he blocks it only to get pushed by the sheer strength of it.

"Gabriel, I just need the key, please give it to me," she said calmly yet the look in her eyes gave him a different story.

"Why would she want to get my key?" Gabriel thought as he continued to dodge the knife.

"No... You cannot have it," he said he used his magic send more fireballs at her.

"Just give it Gabriel!" She said with a demonic undertone, he stumbles when he heard her voice.

"I won't let you take my key and enter the citadel," He said, feeling more determined to stop her.

He felt a presence behind him, one that gave him the exact opposite of Meika's. Fireballs flood the entire field as both of them locked each other into a battle of wits.

"You really like swinging that thing around," Gabriel said as he summoned more fireballs. She dodged them flawlessly making the situation worse for him.

She didn't give him an answer as all of a sudden the battlefield got dark. He couldn't see anything, using his magic he summoned a light source only to see Meika straight in his face. A creepy smile on her face as she slashed him. Grabbing the keys on his chest.

"You're... going down a ...dangerous ...path... you can still... be... a... good... person..." And with that he dies. His blood coating the floor as his soul appears out of his chest.

She watched as his green soul shatters into dust and an oozing black liquid going towards her red soul.

"Getting the keys to open the vault fills you with determination," A voice said in Meika's mind.

"There is no redemption for me," Meika cried as she tried to stop herself from entering the Ruins.

Little did she know that someone was watching in the background.

TO BE CONTINUED