Facing the Consequences

Mey followed Meika. He saw her kill Cody in the Archives... he mourned as the man who healed him from his fight with her die in his arms.

After that he hid behind the large pillars of the Grand Hall, Ken Drick, watching and listening to everything she said.

It disturbs him especially about the existence of different timelines. He wandered if he is the original Mey Bracodo, yet he had no more time for that.

He watched every soldier that he worked with, his friends and family be killed by the demon that he once loved.

Sometimes he wonders, what if he showed her more love and kindness instead of pushing her to the side to continue his military service.

Maybe he wasn't that great Hero of the North Pacific Revolution, because he knows that there are many people who deserve the title more than him. There was Cody, Ken Drick, Karl, and her. He knows that they deserved it yet the people has spoke and they chose him.

He wondered what if Cody and Dwayne continued that duel, or if Ken Drick succumbed to his illness. He tried to guess but the only thing he couldn't conclude on anything.

Now he witnesses to the sight that graced his eyes. The corpses of Guard scattered the floor as blood decorated the walls of the once beautiful design of the halls.

It sickens him to the very core. He knows what he needs to do... It isn't pretty, he admits but its that or total genocide.

Hallway to the Vault of Forbidden Knowledge

"Their hopes and dreams are pointless... There is no such thing as a happy ending,"

"Yes... There is no such thing only anger and hate," She said without emotion tainting her tone.

"You'll make them pay for what they did to you!"

"Yes, you're right. It feels amazing having the strongest and bravest soldiers be scared of me a weak, pathetic, little girl" She said as a sadistic smile spread across her face.

"Who are you?" Meika asked as the voice stayed quiet for a while. Both of them silent as the hall starts to darken.

"Have you forgotten me Meika, especially the buttercup pie accident?" The voice said as Meika starts to remember.

"Jiya we ran out of butter, I cannot go out, or else both of them would catch on to what I'm doing."

"Why not use buttercups, James seems to have planted a lot of those flowers, maybe those could work. They could be butter like how a popsicle is like an icicle but with flavor."

"Great Idea." She said as she went out into the garden to grab some buttercups.

"How could I forget you... You're my best friend after all," Meika said as a big smile is stretched across her face.

They entered the Vault room, seals decorated it, forcing the vault to remain closed

She started placing the keys into the seals, until she was at the final seal.

She checked for it around her neck yet it wasn't there.

"Looking for this?"

She turned around to find Mey standing in the doorway. Her necklace in his hands.

"You want this... Bring it!" He said as he steps forward. His expression full of grim determination.

She raises her knife, a gleam of excitement showing through her eyes. She breaks into a sprint and attacks him. He blocked it with his trident.

"I know you have the power to turn back to a certain time, so please change the path you have taken," Mey said as he pushes her back with his trident. She looks at him with something that wasn't present in her battles against Gabriel, Cristian, Cody, Karl, and Ken Drick.

"Mey you know I love you, You know that I would do anything in this world for you but..." She paused as her eyes gained a dangerous gleam.

"You pushed me away when I needed you the most, and now you expect me to go back on my decisions just like that?" She continued with a demonic undertone in her voice.

He steps back in terror as she gives him an extremely twisted smile. Sadism present in her smile as her knife started to glow an ominous red.

"It's here and now, Mey! It's my turn to give my judgment of your actions!" She shouted and started attacking Mey ruthlessly.

Mey was taken back and continued defending himself with his trident.

"I hoped you were going to go back and change the path you take,"

"It's hopeless, You didn't show up back then and now I have the power to do everything you decided to stop me!" She shouted as Mey looked at her with sadness.

"Meika, never in my entire life did I tell you that you're weak!" He replied as he dodged another attack.

He summoned his tridents and started firing them at her. One of them got her straight at the chest.

She died

There is no hope for him. He'll fall like the rest.

She stands in front of him once more. His expression filled with determination.

"Meika, I know you turned back the clock. Stop this blood bath for everyone's sake!" He said as she looked at him with false innocence.

"Everyone will hate me for I did Mey... there is no such thing as Mercy only kill or be killed,"

"They cared for you... They tried to give you the best life they could... Even if you don't see they tried... I care for you Meika... Please stop this," she gave a bitter smile to his pleas.

"There is no such thing as love only chaos exists,"

She continued attacking Mey. Barely dodging the attacking he took out his gun and fired it to her chest.

She died

You are not above the consequences.

She came back, she stood in front of him with a look frustration. He could only look at her with pity.

"C'mon, Meika I'll always welcome you with open arms,"

He let his trident dissipate and spread his arms to show Mercy.

Meika felt something... Remorse... Where was that feeling when she killed Cody and Ken Drick and the people she murdered in cold blood.

She went and hugged him, yet it wasn't warm.

"What are you doing?! IT'S A TRAP!" Jiya shouted in her head she looks at his eyes.

"There we go was it really that hard to show Mercy?"

She felt something go stab through her chest. She seperate herself from him. To see a hidden blade under his sleeve. She dropped to the floor, looking at him with anger and betrayal.

"If you truly loved me then you wouldn't come back," he said as she fell on the puddle of her own blood.

She died.

She battled Mey once more. Her necklace still attached to Mey's vest.

"Where did you get my necklace?" Meika asked while pointing her knife towards Mey's Chest.

"I found it after you murdered those innocent guardsmen. If you seriously think that I'll let my guard down after you asked that... It won't work" Mey said while she attacked him once more, blocking it with his trident.

"Looks like he enjoyed giving your final judgment,"

TO BE CONTINUED