First Strike

"Do it!"

The voice is pushing her to commit to the act of murder. She doesn't want to do it, she doesn't want to murder an innocent man.

"Fine then if you won't do it then, I will!"

The voice pushed her body to move forward, the soldier still inspecting the strange marks on the tree.

She took a rock and threw it to the tree. Catching the attention of the Guardsman.

"Who's there please come out and place your hands in the air," The guardsman said as he raised his musket ready to defend himself.

She shuffled a bit and went out of hiding and went behind him. She surprised the guard by grabbing him with strength she didn't know she had.

She slit his neck, causing the man to drop. Blood coated the knife yet her face shows no remorse.

She came back to her senses. She  collapse as remorse flooded her sense. Her body shaking from fear and sadness.

"See was it that hard?" The voice asked in a mocking tone.

"It wasn't but I feel guilty for killing an innocent man." She responded to the voice. She can't believe that she's actually acknowledging the voice.

"Well they all treated you like, you were nothing, they treated you like you were some kind of weapon. Why do you think they never let you rise to the top?" The voice said disappointed at Meika for not giving people what they deserve.

"You're right, every time I've been selfless, I've been merciful, I keep on getting hurt. Maybe it's time for them to see the monster they have created," She said angrily as she stands up and search for the National Guardsmen. They saw her and saluted.

"Commander," They all said as she gave them a cold glare. She brought out her knife and started attacking them.

"Commander please we don't want to hurt you," One of the soldiers said she stabbed one of his comrades to death.

One of them brought out their musket and started firing at her. They fought until the bitter end, with only one of them bleeding to death, begging for her mercy.

Yet those cries of mercy fell on deaf ears as she simply looked the soldier and gave him an innocent look.

In the Tavern

"She really is mad with me Cody," Mey said sadly, remembering the look she gave him when he assumed that she doesn't trust him. Cody who was reading some documents next to him had a grim look on his face as he looked at Mey.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have assumed at the first place and, waited for her to talk to you about it," Cody replied, taking a moment to drink his hot chocolate.

"You're really addicted to chocolate don't ya?" Mey joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, seriously though I guess all of us wronged her to a degree, yours broke the camel's back. All we can do is hope and try to fix this," Cody replied still reading the documents on the table.

"Okay, I'll go try," Mey said as he drank the last of his hot chocolate.

"Be careful... I feel something is about to happen," Cody said, watching Mey nod at him and get out of the tavern.

He sighs, knowing that something truly terrible is going to happen. If only his visions would stop, showing him this grim future that is about to happen.

"Things aren't gonna end well,"

To Be Continued