Darkness

"So you passed Mey and Gabby, the latter killing him. I just want you to answer this question..."

She opened her eyes to see it was the Archives. She watched as the figure watched her every move.

"Why did you do it Meika, Why did you kill all those innocent people mercilessly, Do you have anything to gain from this?"

"Spare me the spiel, Cody! You're a hypocrite don't you know that!" she was shocked by how cold she treated him. Her father figure, the man who took care of her when her real father went missing.

He turned to look at the window then back at her. A sad look on his face as he drew out his sword.

"You left me no choice," he said sadly, She felt herself use her magic. It was her knife but...

Why is it coated in blood?

She attacked first, he dodged and used his blade to push her away from him. His eyes silently begging her to stop this madness, she simply ignores it.

"You expect me to take the hit?" Cody said in a joking tone while she pushes forward.

Her attacks barely doing any damage, him either blocking or dodging them.

"I don't want to pretend anymore... The more people you kill, you plunge yourself on a path we cannot protect you from," Cody paused as he blocked her attack and pushed her away with his magic.

"A path that will lead you to a fate worse than death," Cody continued while she looked at him.

"..."

Silence is the only answer that was given to him as she tilted her head innocently.

"There is no redemption for me... For any of us... If God is merciful! He would have let me die!" She said while a sad smile replaced his frown. Understanding where she came from.

"Everything I did was for him. I gave my life to save him yet he still died... I tried getting the perfect ending to our story but it always crumbles away after five years," he listened to her cry as she dropped the knife.

"So tell me pa? Is God really that merciful if He has let you die over and over again?" She asked looking straight in the eyes.

"I'll never know the answer to that, kid," he said lowering his guard. They both stood facing against each other.

"He's tired," she observed as he seemed out of breathe with sweat going down his forehead.

She suddenly felt herself break into a sprint as she tried to swipe her knife at him. He dodged the attack, quickly using his sword to block her attacks.

"I thought we were already opening up to each other," he said sadly while she felt herself shrug it off.

He willed his gravitational magic to do its work as she was slammed against the ceiling. Then to a bookcase, her blood covering many covers and pages.

She tried running at him to get a hit but she was forced back, slamming another book shelf.

Daggers speeded towards her while she felt her exhaustion getting the best of her. He remained silent as they just stare each other down. His magic holding her in place so that he won't get hurt.