Another Day

Cody was on his desk reading all the documents he needs to use to go against going to war. The fact he is the secretary of war should have made that obvious already.

Ken Drick seems moodier than the usual sarcastic response and he doesn't blame him.

It's all just bickering from the Secretaries in his eyes and to be honest even Ken Drick wants to not go to war. Then why can't he say anything because his decision is needed to be placed under congressional approval?

Out of all the times Congress needs to stamp something with their approval it has to be about the god-forsaken topic of war.

Just thinking about it has his blood boiling. As he was going through with his own thoughts he heard the door to the archives open.

Cody didn't bother looking because it might be either Mey or Ken Drick.

"Hey pa," It was Meika. He turned to look at her and gave a smile.

"Hey kid," Cody responded as he turned back to his desk and read more.

"Do you want to go to JK's? It's my treat," She said as he turned to her once more. He honestly wants to go but the meeting is going to happen in an hour and he has to be prepared for any argument that he needs to deflect.

"Sorry, Meika but I can't go I really need to finish my work," He said as he gave her a sad smile.

"But Cody it's been a while since we both went there. Don't you think you need a break?" Meika said in a skeptical tone.

"Sorry, Meika I really can't...maybe you should ask James," Cody said in a serious tone. Meika flinched as this is the first time she heard him use that tone with her. She didn't realize that he flinched at his own tone.  

"Okay then..." Meika said in a disappointed tone, going out of the library. As Cody gave her a sad glance. 

"He thinks you're a waste of time, that's why he didn't go with you."

"Where did that voice come from?" Meika thought to herself as she continued going towards Ken Drick's office.

She heard things ruffling through the door and a shout of frustration. When she knocked she heard angry footsteps going towards it. She felt like a giant is about to crush her with the door slammed open. 

"Not now kid! The Idiots in Congress really need to learn a lesson about when to make my decision and have their approval!" She tried to speak but he spoke before she could even say a single word. 

"James... Would you like t-" The door slammed on her face, startling her to the point of falling to the floor.

She felt something boiling inside of her, tasting HATE for the first time in years. She tried to control that horrid emotion while trying to understand why Ken Drick and Cody were acting like this.

________________

She mentally saved, feeling that things started to go south. Cody and Ken Drick seemed to be more stressed than usual. While Cody seem to regret what he said, Ken Drick didn't, slamming the door of his office in her face. 

She sighed going to the military district. The military district was filled with many National Guardsmen and Soldiers as brick and wooden buildings cover the streets. Cannons were lined throughout and a statue of the three founders was in the middle. 

She went to the outpost, looking through the window to see Mey sleeping on his desk. He looked so peaceful, yet she knows that tensions between the National Guards and Soldiers will probably add more problems for Mey and everyone in the government. 

"Can't you see no one doesn't want to spend time with you" If the voice had a face she would have glared at it.

"They're tired"

Just in time, Mey woke up, opening the door of his office and looking at Meika.

"Oh, Hi Meika," Mey said to her, snapping her back to reality. 

"Hey Mey, would y-"

"I need you to patrol the streets tomorrow is that okay?" Mey said before she was able to say anything.

"Okay I could but would you like to j-"

"Okay, Meika thank you," Mey said as he closed his office door in a rush not realizing that he didn't give her a chance to ask him.

She is reaching her boiling point again.

"Why not hurt them, They've been nothing but rude to you"

"No, they're my family and I'll protect them no matter what."

"fine if you say so"

"Gabriel is the only person left who I could ask to go to JK's"

She decided to go to the ruins. She hoped that at least Gabriel is available. She is so wrong to many degrees as Gabriel just straight up ignored her.

Some guardsmen looked at her. Some laugh at her while others sympathize with her. Finally having enough of everything she decided just to head back home and sleep.

"This is going to be fun"

TO BE CONTINUED