Chapter 1: Return To Gravity Falls

(Song: Who Are You, Really? - Mikky Ekko)

The small boy opened his eyes to the pouring rain above him, himself coughing and wheezing as he took a deep breath in. The wet drops ran off his shivering skin and pooled beneath him in a puddle of ice that made his body feel numb. His mind was clouded and confused, and felt like someone had shoved it in a vise and whittled away at it with a knife.

He sat up carefully and examined his body, his skin and his face were smooth to the touch. His clothing comprised of a suit, old and torn up, muddy and wet. It was yellow in some places and black in others. The black bow tie was dangling from the ripped collar and on its last threads. He yanked it off and discarded it beside him, looking around at his surroundings. Thunder rumbled overhead in the gray skies, and the boy finally understood who he was as the rain grew heavier.

He was Bill Cipher; he was eleven years old, and he had finally returned home.

~

Bill stood up, wobbling a little on his legs. They felt like jelly, and had been unused in years. He steadied himself against the tree as his legs shook with the effort, "Come on Bill, you can do it" he muttered as he took a step forward. But with doubt in his mind; the words meant nothing, and he tumbled over as his knees gave way beneath him. The ex-demon spat out a mouthful of mud and grass and rolled onto his back, wiping the excess mud and blood from his face with a sigh. the ex-demon gazed up at the gray sky as the rain poured down upon him "Now what?" he asked the clouds. Lightening flashed, lighting up the sky in a wondrous yellow, 

It made Bill smile.

~

As soon as the twins had arrived here in Gravity Falls, Dipper Pines had shoved his suitcases on his bed, grabbed his journal and dragged his sister out the house and to the forest, not caring if it was raining. Thankfully the storm had lessened upon their arrival.

The girl giggled as Dipper tugged her wrist, "Okay, okay, hold up!" she said as she struggled to run and put on her sweater at the same time. With the sweater finally on she raced after her brother, both being pelted with rain as Mabel raced through the trees after her twin.

"I'm going to get you, Dipping Sauce!" she yelled. 

Dipper shrieked as her hand grabbed his shoulder and he sped up, splashing water everywhere "In your dreams, Mabel!" he called over his shoulder, a grin on his face and his brown hair already plastered wetly to his head.

The twins ran across the uneven path, failing to avoid the mud puddles that littered the trail, his jeans were soaked and filthy, while her legs were splattered with mud, the black ballet flats unrecognizable. He chuckled as she tried to catch him once more, "Dipper! Let me catch you!" she whined, reaching for him again. 

Dipper smirked "Never!"

They ran through a clearing, narrowly avoiding the Cipher statue, but not the boy lying on the ground. Dipper's foot caught on the body and he yelped as he fell forward, face planting into a mud puddle. He coughed and spluttered as he got up, "Ughh, gross."

He heard a snort and a laugh and wiped the mud away from his eyes to reveal a blonde-haired boy gazing at him from his spot on the ground, "Way to trip Pine Tree" the kid said, Dipper's eyes widened at the nickname "Bill!?"

"The one and only," the kid said, sitting up and pushing his hair back.

Mabel screamed and grabbed Dipper's Journal from his hands, hitting Bill around the head, the ex-demon fell back to the ground, eyes closed and out cold. Mabel had knocked him out in one fell smack, 

"Whoops" Mabel said handing him back his book. 

Dipper chuckled "Whoops?"

Mabel shrugged "We should probably take him back."

Dipper stood up and came over to the boy, picking him up off the ground and cradling him carefully, "He's light, good, come on" the teen said, walking off back in the Shack's direction. Mabel grimaced at the blood running down Bill's now crooked nose, "I might have hit him a little too hard," she said as she followed him.

~

Stanford took Bill from Dipper's arms after a brief but hurried explanation. Carrying him down to the lab to clean him up. He wiped off the mud from Bill's face and began to fix his nose, which had broken in Mabel's 'whack' job. Bill grimaced as he felt the soft padding being shoved up his nostrils, and wriggled as Stanford applied the tape "It hurts! Stop!" he whined at him.

Stanford huffed "Yes, I know, now stop being a baby and let me help."

Bill let him finish and the ex-demon curled up on the table of the lab, falling asleep in his exhaustion of being re-born. Stanford sat down with a sigh, Bill's mouth was open as he breathed and besides from all the mud he looked normal, human, young. 

Why was he so young? 

Had he stolen a body? 

Had Bill come back like this just for kicks? Why!?

Stanford rubbed the sleep from his eyes and glanced over at the broken memory machine, an idea formed in his head.

He had a brilliant idea!

(This story is a remake of my old trilogy Start Again, Some Sunny Day & Billy The Kid, enjoy!)