Chapter 7: Party Favor

Stanford laid Bill out on the sofa, applying first aid to the wounded areas while Mabel held an ice pack to his head. He had a back eye and the surrounding skin was swollen, "Is he going to be okay?" Mabel asked, a sad look on her face. Ford nodded and checked Bill's eyes, watching the pupils dilate normally with the small light from the tiny torch from his pocket, "Should be, but the question is, how did they know who he was?" he asked.

Mabel shrugged "Maybe someone told them?"

Dipper clenched his fist "I bet you anything it was Gideon," he growled. 

Mabel sighed "I thought he had changed?"

"We all thought he had Mabel, but I guess not," Dipper said.

Bill let out a groan as he woke, reaching up as he felt the cold ice pack. He pushed it away as it numbed his face painfully, "Bill, I need you to stay down" Ford said as he tried to sit up, a six fingered hand pushed him down and Bill grumbled, "I'm fine" he whispered, everything hurt.

Ford huffed, "Its just precaution, in case you've damaged your spine."

Bill let himself be pushed back down and he looked up at Mabel as she re-applied the ice pack to his eye. A warm feeling built up in his chest and he smiled at her "Thanks Mabel" he whispered. Mabel gently patted his cheek "Just get some rest Billy" 

Bill blushed a deep red and closed his eyes.

~

He woke up late that night, screaming and shaking from his recent nightmare. But Mabel was by his side at once, hugging him tightly and rubbing his back. Bill melted into her touch, sobbing loudly as he sniffled, "It's okay, it's okay, shh" Mabel whispered. The lights turned on in the living room and Bill pulled away, wiping his eyes and nose with the back of his hand.

Ford stood in the doorway, a tired look in his eyes and a little grumpy. Bill was certain he had probably woken him up. He looked at his feet guilty.

"All right, Bill, these nightmares are getting out of hand. I want you to talk to me," he said, coming over and kneeling down. Bill looked up at him, those brown eyes worried for him. He felt fresh tears run down his face, he didn't deserve this kind of love.

Ford pulled him into a hug, "It's okay, just tell me what happened" he asked, awkwardly patting his back. Bill pushed him away seconds later, "You wouldn't understand," he mumbled. Ford chuckled, "Try me," he said, sitting down on the floor and crossing his legs.

Bill took a deep breath, "You all die, because of me, and it scares me. I don't...I don't want you to die..." he whispered. Ford patted his knee, "We will not be dying because of you, you have no powers, no demonic energy left, you're safe, you're human, and most importantly, you're home"

"I know, but, but what if?"

Ford shook his head "No what ifs, get some sleep, you're fine" he said standing up, "Do you want to go upstairs or stay here?" he asked. Bill looked down at the sofa and wrapped himself back up in the blanket, "Stay here" he mumbled sleepily. Ford nodded, "Good night Bill, Mabel" he said trailing off back to his room. Mabel leaned down and kissed his cheek, "Goodnight Billy" she said. Bills face blushed in the darkness as the lights turned out, "Goodnight Mabel" he said to the empty room.

~

Summer was almost over, Dipper and Mabel would turn fourteen, and to celebrate the older twins were setting up a party and inviting all their friends. They had tasked Bill with blowing up the balloons and setting up the decorations. Which was a lot of fun because he was good at parties, he had after all partied quite a lot as a demon. Bill climbed down the ladder and gazed up at his work. Satisfied that it looked good he went to go find Stanford. The man was in the kitchen, frosting the cake for the twins, "Whoa, I didn't know you could bake!" Bill said with a smile.

Ford looked up and chuckled, "I can draw. I can't bake, that's why I'm frosting it, Wendy made the cake."

"Oh, makes more sense now," Bill said as he leaned over the counter.

Stanford finished the top, "There, hows does it look?" he asked.

"Very professional, can I have the rest of the icing?" Bill asked, pointing to the piping bag. Ford passed it to him and ruffled his hair, "Done with the decorations then?" he asked. The boy nodded with a mouth full of icing.

~

The party was huge. Bill was sure the entire town had come over to the schools assembly hall to celebrate their favorite hero's birthday. Bill was trying to ignore the looks from everyone. 

Wendy patted his head as she sat down next to him, "Ignore them, little dude, they don't understand." 

Bill sipped his Pitt Cola with a sigh "I know."

Wendy poked his cheek, "Cheer up dude, its party time, come have some fun" 

Bill shook his head "I'm good right here, thanks Wendy" he said, putting his now empty soda can on the empty seat next to him. Wendy left him to his wallowing. Bill looked down at the floor just as three sets of feet entered his vision.

He gulped. 

"Bill Cipher as we live and breathe, come to ruin the party too, huh?" A sneering voice asked him. Bill looked up, the three teens who had bet him up were here, and they didn't look thrilled with his presence.