Chapter 8: Bullygeddon

Bill glanced at the back door, the one propped open with the door wedge, and then back at the bullies as they neared him, hands out to grab him. He sprung from his seat and shot off across the floor, rushing out the door as the cool evening air whistling passed his ears. He sprinted across the grounds, the bullies hot on his heels.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING, CIPHER!?" the older one yelled. Bill almost tripped as he ran towards the forest, slowing down and giving the three boys time to pounce. The older one picked him up and shoved him up against a pine tree, the wood digging into his back painfully. 

Bill winced. 

"I believe we still have unfinished business, Cipher" the boy said, the other two nodded. Bill put up his hands in surrender, "Look, I know I did some bad stuff, I know I hurt you, but can you please forgive me? I'm trying here!" he begged. The teen holding him ignored him and punched him in the face, stars exploded behind his eyes, and Bill let out a yell of pain as blood dripped down his now broken nose. He closed his eyes and covered his face as the teen readied another punch.

"YoU GoNnA TaKe ThAt KiD?" a voice asked him, right in the back of his head, warm and cold at the same time as fingers grasped at the back of his brain. Bill mentally gasped. 

He was still in there, hiding away like a hermit crab.

"MiSs mE? AdMiT iT YoU MiSsEd mE!"

Anger coursed through him and he let out a loud scream as his eyes opened. One of them blue and the other yellow. The black pupil stared down at the teens, slitted and angry.The teens screamed in fear as it turned red, "LEAVE ME ALONE" Bill howled, a sudden wind whipping at the three and sending them flying back across the field.

Bill fell to the ground with a snarl, crouched on the leaf covered ground, the bullies making a run for it as things began flying towards them from the forests depths: sticks, stones, even a few gnomes.

The ex-demon floated up off the ground, mouth stretched into an evil grin as he watched his prey run off in fear, avoiding the flying objects that he sent towards them. And while he knew it was the other Bill doing this, he was in control and he could stop it when he wanted too.

The bullies run back to the school hall and tumbled inside, crying in fear, as Stanford and the others rushed out, "Bill!" Stanford called to him, his trench coat whipping at his heels.

"BILL! STOP!" Mabel called out. 

With the threat over Bill fell to the ground, the wind stopped and Bill gave Ford a tired smile before he collapsed on to the grass. Passing out as the sun sank low over the horizon and bathing the forest in darkness.

~

"I'm sorry, for ruining your party last night" Bill said as he sat on the sofa, a cup of water and a piece of leftover birthday cake in his hands. He had tissues up his nose and another black eye to complete the look. Ford sat down next to him, "What's happened out there, bud?"

Bill set the food down, "Those three that bet me up came after me again, I tried to run but they were very persistent, they got mad at me and punched me in the face. I heard him, in the back of my mind and suddenly I had my powers back, or at least some of them, I scared them off,"

"Bill, that was very dangerous, you could have hurt them!" Ford said, rubbing his eyes in stress.

"But I didn't! I was in control this time!" Bill said "I can control him now! I swear!" 

Ford hugged him and Bill chuckled, "I'm fine, really."

"Aww A hUg? HoW SwEeT!" the voice said, giggling insanely. Bill hushed him. 

Mabel swooped down as Ford let go and Bills cheek went bright red as the girl hugged him tightly, "Happy Birthday you two" he said. Mabel kissed his cheek and Bills face went even redder, "Thanks Billy" she said. 

Dipper rolled his eyes and smirked, "Someones got a crush" he said in a singsong voice. 

Bill put his head down "Shut it Dipper!" he growled, rubbing away the redness in his cheeks. Ford chuckled "Eat that cake, you need some sugar in you" he said. Bill picked up the plastic plate with the giant chunk of chocolate cake. 

"Thanks"

After the Pines family left to go clean up the mess of last night he put out his hand, willing the cyan flames to appear. They shot up from his palm and flickered in the light, "If you don't control them, I swear I'll kick your puny butt out the house without a fuss" Dipper said, holding a broom in his hands. Bill rolled his eyes "I said I'm in control, it's okay Dipper" he said, shoving the entire slice of cake into his mouth, "Trust me, I got this" he said with his mouth full. Dipper snorted with laughter.

That night thunder rumbled, and lightening flashed across the sky, exactly like it had done when he had returned. Bill snuggled down further into his sleeping bag and sighed as the clock ticked. Tomorrow Dipper and Mabel would go home, the summer was officially over, and Bill was looking forward to sleeping in a bed.