Chapter 3: Make Mine A Double

Mabel had at some point came by, and was watching horrified at the screen as Bill's memory played out before them, "Oh my" she whispered, making Ford and Dipper jump out of their skin at the sudden noise to the otherwise quiet room.

"So, now you know how I became a demon" Bill said from the chair, sitting up and wincing as his body protested the movement, "That man was my uncle, my family. He killed my mother, his sister, all for power. Fredrick was a greedy man," he continued, looking up at them tiredly. 

He took off the helmet and placed it carefully on the floor at his feet. Stanford gave him a sad look, "Your own Uncle turned you into a demon?" he asked.

Bill nodded "Yeah, he was a real jerk."

Mabel came over to Bill and hugged him tightly as the boy stood up off the chair, "What are you doing?" he asked, going ridged in her arms. Mabel smiled "It's called a hug, I thought you might need one silly" she said.

"Thanks," Bill mumbled, looking up at Ford with blue eyes, human eyes, no longer cat like and demonic, but calm and sorry. 

"How are you feeling, Bill?" Ford asked,

Bill untangled himself from Mabel's arms, "Starving, tired...free."

"Free?" Dipper questioned, 

Bill nodded. "Yeah, free, I can't really explain it." he said, looking at his hands.

Ford smiled and picked up a small device that looked oddly like the metal scanners they waved over you at airports if you set off the alarms. Ford waved it over Bill, mouth a thin line as he concentrated, it made a beep noise, 

"Detecting, 0.7% Demonic Energy" it said in a sharp robotic voice. 

Ford frowned, of course he would still have traces. Demonic energy was tough to get rid of, like a stubborn piece of mold, "Bill? How old are you?" he asked.

"Eleven, I think," the ex-demon replied.

Ford nodded and put down the scanner with a smile, "Lets go get you some food, okay?"

Bill frowned. "Don't you still hate me? For what I did? Why are you being so nice to me? Giving me food?" he asked, confusion on his face.

Ford sighed "Because you're just a kid, mixed up in the wrong crowd, there's hope for you yet and I want to help you, if you'll let me?" he said, adjusting his glasses with a smile.

Bill smiled back,

"Come along then Bill."

Bill rolled his eyes and glared at his hand as he offered it. "I don't need my hand held, I'm not-"

"A child?" Ford finished, eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face as he looked at him over his shoulder,

"Fuck sakes" Bill grumbled, taking Ford's outstretched hand.

~

Bill had stripped off the suit jacket and rolled up the sleeves of his half unbuttoned dress shirt. Revealing symbols carved near his heart. Ford wanted very much to see them and study them, but Bill had glared at him so hard that the man had stepped back, opting to view them when the boy felt more comfortable. The pants had also been rolled up and after a good clean with a cloth; his feet, hands, arms, and legs were free from mud.

Ford put a plate of sandwiches in front of Bill as he sat down at the table. The child sighed and wrinkled his nose at the contents as a memory flittered into his head, "Is something wrong?" Ford asked

"I just remembered I don't like peanut butter" Bill said. 

(Peanut butter wasn't invented till 1895, years after Bill became a demon, but I wanted it in my story so tough cookies~)