Chapter 13: HOW TO SAVE A LIFE

CHRIS'S POV
LIA❤️:Chris I need you it's important.

I instantly hopped up from my bed and grabbed my keys and my strap. I made it to the car and called her to see what was up.

"Hello" she said crying and voice shaking. "Wassup why you crying and where you at?" I asked. "I can't stay here no more please come get me Chris" she begged as she cried harder into the phone. "I'm on the way and what happened"? I questioned again. "I'll tell you later just please come get me now" she said again. "I'm almost there come outside and wait for me" I told her. "I can't " she said. " Why what happened?" I asked a little agitated this time because none of my questions were getting answered. "I'm unlocking the door for you to come in and help me" she said while still crying. "I'm turning in now" I told her and she said "okay " and with that I hung up.

I ran up to the door and opened it and seen her on the floor , knees to her chest and her head down. She looked up at me and I was shocked at what I saw. Her left eye was completely shut, her lip was busted , and she had a bruise on her shoulder which looked like a burn. I then got on my knees and pulled her into me and wrapped my arms around her. She started back crying and I just hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead reassuring her that everything was going to be fine. I already knew Jabari did this pussy ass shit and I just needed to here her say it so i'll be sure. "Did Jabari do this to you" I asked softly while caressing her back. I felt her shake her head yes on my chest and I told her I'll handle it and she looked up at me and shook her head no.

"No please don't , you don't know him like I do" she said. I looked at her and laughed and told her " it's a lot of things you don't know about me , he's the least of my worries". She looked curious as to what I was getting at but I guess she brushed it off because she snuggled back into my chest. After 5 minutes passed I told her lets get her shit and leave.

She then lifted up off my chest and allowed me to get up and go into her room and pack her stuff. "You staying with me or DeQua?" I asked her. She yelled back as loud as she can , her voice still shaking and said "I want to stay with you". I packed her two bags of clothes and grabbed her charger , her shoes , and her laptop. I put her stuff into my car and went back to get her. "You ready" I asked her. "Yes but I'm cold" she said. I then took off my hoodie and handed it to her. She smiled and said "thank you" as she put it on. I then picked her up bridal style as she wrapped her arms around my neck and walked her to my car.

I put her inside the car and then drove off. As we're driving back to my place I feel her eyes staring daggers into my face. I look over at her and she turns her head away from me and laughs. "Why are you staring at me weirdo?" I asked her. "I wasn't staring at you I was looking out the window" she stated. "Yea Ight" I said lowly.

JABARI'S POV
Damn I think I fucked up this time. After I left Jalia this morning I felt bad ass fuck for beating her ass. I even cried a little a bit. I love her and just don't want her lying to me. If she wanted some weed that's all she had to say I would've gave her a gram. I'm on the way back home to apologize to her and I bought her some Victoria secret lingerie to make up for the incident that happened earlier this morning.