𝘵𝘦𝘯

A WEEK PASSED, the two hadn't talked since their kiss

A WEEK PASSED, the two hadn't talked since their kiss. this was mostly due to lillie advertently avoiding the boy every time she saw him. rory first noticed tension between the two when they were eating in luke's when jess came down from the apartment, before he could even get a word out she was out the door. rory tried asking the other about it but the topic was changed quickly.

lillie was helping the gilmores build their snowman for another stars hollow town event. "mom, face it. that is the single most incredible snowman i have ever seen." rory says gesturing to the man working on his own elaborative snow sculpture making lillie giggle.

"hey! you're an artist. make ours look like that." lorelai pouted, scolding lillie.

"i work with paper not snow." she stated receiving a glare from the eldest gilmore. "alright, alright, i'll try my best." she laughed, working on the snowman.

"hmm, i hate this man with every fibre of my being." lorelai scoffed, directing her glare to the sculptor.

"he looks nice." rory hummed.

"he's a ringer."

"how do you figure?"

"someone recruited him, promised him a handsome sum, financed his theatrical snowman accoutrements, so he could snatch victory away from a deserving local in order to bag the contest prize for himself."

lillie laughs, rolling her eyes "yes, i'm sure that's true."

"considering that the prize is a set of new US quarters, yeah sounds reasonable." rory agrees sarcastically.

"oh we're ignoring him now." lorelai said, looking away from the innocent man. "so what are you girls doing on your school break?"

"a whole lot of nothing."

"drawing." lillie stated.

"you sure you're not gonna be hanging out with jess?" rory wiggled her eyebrows teasingly in lillie's direction. "or will that depend on when you stop avoiding him?"

"you're avoiding jess? did he do something?" lorelai asked the blonde, concern flooding her expression.

lillie rolled her eyes, "no, god no. he didn't do anything." she said immediately.

"she won't tell me why." rory frowned making lillie look away.

"there's nothing to tell." lillie sighs glancing at their competition. "he's power buffing." she laughed knowing it would distract lorelai.

"aw now that's just wrong." lillie hid a smirk as lorelai in turn distracted rory from asking any more questions. she didn't like lying to her friend, she just didn't want to talk about the kiss yet. she doesn't even know how she feels about it so she wouldn't know what to tell rory anyway.

"heads down, stay focused." lorelai snapped her out of her thoughts.

"we can do this."

"absolutely." lillie agreed with a smile before the head of their snowman falls off.

"lets get some coffee?" rory suggested looking at lillie who was pouting at their snowman as she nodded as an answer.

"right behind you."

•·················☆·················•

lillie was sat on her bed on the phone to her best friend, letting out a groan. "you love history!" rory stated, as she tried to encourage her friend to come to the dinner at the inn not yet mentioning the presence of a certain mariano boy.

lillie laughed into the phone moving her hair out of her face, "yes and the key component of history is that it happened years ago. i love ancient rome but i don't want to live it."

"come on! it'll be fun!!" the brunette pleaded, eliciting a sigh from the blonde as she sat back on her bed.

"there's gonna be food?" lillie asked reluctantly after thinking for a moment.

she could practically hear rory's grin through the phone, "yes! lots and lots of food."

"ugh fine." she agreed. "eight?"

"eight!" rory said excitedly making lillie smile slightly. "oh, i have to go meet dean."

"oh okay, have fun. see you ror." lillie said getting up off her bed to go get her sketchpad to work on her most recent drawing.

"oh uh, by the way, the whole town will be there." rory added quickly.

lillie's mouth dropped open as she went to protest, "rory-"

"bye lil!" the gilmore hung up the phone before lillie could say anything.

lillie scoffed putting the phone down. obviously rory didn't tell her that before because jess was going to be there. she sighed, figuring if the whole town would be there it wouldn't be too hard to avoid him.

in all honesty, she missed jess. she'd become used to his jokes and their discussions about books and music. she missed pulling stupid pranks with him and causing trouble. jess had started to become a constant in her day to day life, making it seem boring without him.

lillie had gone over the kiss in her mind. no matter how many times she'd thought about it she can't pin point how she feels. she remembered the taste of nicotine and spearmint, the way his hand on the back of her neck sent shivers down her spine. she failed to notice the grin that made it's way onto her lips whenever she thought about it.

the girl sunk down into her desk chair, nibbling her bottom lip in thought. she'd have to face jess sooner or later. though she'd definitely prefer the latter.

•·················☆·················•

eh, this chapter isn't the best but hopefully you'll like the next one <3