𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

LILLIE'S HAND GRIPPED jess' tightly as she lead him behind her house

LILLIE'S HAND GRIPPED jess' tightly as she lead him behind her house. the party went on way into the night, the blonde completely lost track of time. it was lillie who suggested the boy come back to her house, not wanting to be alone on her birthday. she shushed him as they entered her backyard, knowing her mom hadn't noticed her absence but would if they made too much noise.

the blonde pointed at the trellis on her porch that led up to a window. jess' eyes widened dramatically realising what the girl meant. "up there?" he whispered quietly.

"what? you too scared?" she teased, a smirk on her lips making him narrow his eyes playfully. "i'll go first if it'll make you feel better, city boy." she said before proceeding to scale the trellis skilfully, jess watching in amazement. lillie carefully slid open her unlocked window seeing the balloons and confetti from earlier that morning, gone. she should probably start locking her window.

the girl hopped into her room, her feet hitting the floor with a thump. her head poked back out the window peering at the other teen. "coming?" she asked, the smirk still on her lips. jess didn't waste much time to follow after her, stumbling slightly as he pulled himself through the window. "graceful." lillie snorted, helping him through completely.

he glared at her, a hint of a smile dancing on his lips. "you've definitely done that before."

"duh." she grinned before leaning up to kiss his lips, feeling his hands find her waist making butterflies run wild in her stomach. she had a boy in her room. a boy in her room. her mother literally in the same house. it wasn't as if lillie was expecting anything to happen between her and jess, she wasn't ready for that. far from ready.

jess pulled away first, admiring the girl in front of him. her slightly messy hair from the party and having to climb into her room, her dusty pink cheeks and rosy lips. she was undeniably beautiful. he noticed he had probably been staring for too long and coughed awkwardly to break the silence before looking away from lillie to inspect her room.

"this is your room, huh?" he said, amusement laced in his tone as he looked at the stuffed bear on her bed. lillie saw where he was looking, her cheeks immediately burning red.

"my dad gave it to me when i was like 10." she muttered, not meeting his gaze out of sheer embarrassment. she heard him chuckle softly before lucking around the rest of her room.

the smile on jess's face grew seeing the 'hills like white elephants' book that he gave her on her desk, an array of coloured post it notes sticking out at all sides. he looked up at her bookshelf in amazement. "and i thought rory had loads of books."

lillie's embarrassment dissipated as a grin stretched across her face at the mention of her collection. "that's not even all of them, there's huge bookcases in my dad's study." she said enthusiastically. the boy's smile grew also at the passionate way she talked about books.

he tore his eyes from the bookshelf, turning around and leaning against the girl's desk, his eyes still scanning her room. his brows furrowed in confusion as he noticed something. "where's all your art stuff?" the question prompted lillie's lips to turn downwards.

"my mom thinks i'll make too much of a mess if i keep my paints and stuff in my room so it's all in the attic." she explained solemnly. she so wished for her walls to be decorated with murals and plastered with her sketches. her mother wasn't exactly supportive, per say, of her daughter's passions. she hadn't attended one of lillie's art exhibitions, at this point, it didn't phase the young girl much. luke always showed up for them, and lorelai and rory. "but it's cool i guess, it's like my own little art studio."

"i can only imagine what your room will look like when you live on your own." jess smirked knowingly, lillie smiling slightly at the thought. "you know i'm actually offended you haven't drawn me yet." he joked in attempt to regain the previously playful mood. the girl's lips quirked up.

"want me to paint you like one of my french girls, mariano?" she played along, stepping closer to the boy. he reached out and grabbed one of her hands, gently tugging her into his chest and wrapping one arm around her waist as his other hand still held onto hers, intertwining their fingers. lillie let out a small giggle at the sudden action.

jess lent down, connecting his lips with the girl's soft one's. she always felt dizzy when they kissed, unable to think about anything besides the way his lips felt on hers. the way he kissed her as if she was the most delicate thing on earth. it made her heart flutter and her head light. a knock on the bedroom broke them from their kiss.

"lillie?" the male's voice caused lillie's eyes to widen, muttering every curse word under the sun in panic. "why's this door locked?"

"who-"

"my dad." she answered in a whisper before jess could finish his question, his expression now mimicking hers. "under the bed. quick." he didn't even question it, doing as she said. lillie waited until he was completely hidden before moving to the door, opening it to see her father. "dad!" she exclaimed trying to cover the worry in her voice.

the man quickly enveloped her in a tight hug. "there's my birthday girl!" he smiled as if he hadn't been gone for the past few weeks. nevertheless, lillie reciprocated the hug. "happy birthday lil!"

she forced a smile, "what are you doing here, dad?" she asked attempting to sound excited but the question came out more patronising than intended.

lillie saw guilt flood her dad's face, furrowing his brows. "what do you mean? i'm here for your birthday." or the last 43 minutes of it, lillie thought. she brushed it off, opting not to repeat the events from the last time sam was home. especially not with jess under her bed.

"right." she responded simply.

her dad smiled awkwardly before going to speak again. "i brought some food. and cake! your favourite, chocolate!" vanilla, she corrected in her head, holding herself back from actually saying it aloud.

"let me just wash up quick, i'll be down in a minute." lillie offered him a tight smile receiving a nod and a hopeful grin before he walked away. the blonde closed the door, letting out a deep sigh as she lent against the door, closing her eyes.

"i thought your favourite cake was vanilla." jess spoke suddenly making lillie jump as she temporarily forgot he was there. he let out a small laugh at her jumpiness. "you okay?"

lillie let that question linger in her mind, actually trying to find an answer but coming up empty handed. she gave a shrug of her shoulders. "i don't know." is all she said before she felt arms wrap around her bringing her into a warm embrace. she relaxed in the boy's arms, hugging him back tightly, burying her face into his neck letting his scent calm her down.

jess simply held the girl, occasionally giving her head a small kiss. he felt her pull away first, noticing her expression looked significantly less dejected. his lips met her forehead once again, making lillie's lips turn up. "i should go downstairs."

he nodded in understanding. "do you want me to stay?"

"yes." she answered almost immediately causing jess to smile. "would you be okay to wait? it'll probably only take 20 minutes for my parents to start fighting anyway." a frown took over the girl's lips, lacing the two's hands together.

"please, i could kill hours in here with the amount of books you have." he answered making her frown turn into a smile, quickly pecking his lips.

"i'll be right back." lillie said before turning on her heel and making her way downstairs, giving the boy a wink as he watched her go, a smirk on his lips.