Chapter 1

It's been a few months now since the people of Woodbury moved in, a few months since I was kidnapped. I still get scared that it'll happen again, I get scared that it'll happen to anyone here. Its been a struggle trying to get enough food for everyone here, we're learning to ration our food and Hershel's been showing Rick how to farm basically. 

"When you going on a run next?" Jamie questions as he sits opposite me in the sheltered area outside where we sometimes eat.

"Don't know. You know how I feel about doing runs." I reply while eating some breakfast.

"You got to do it sometime sis."

"Just cause we're on talking terms doesn't mean you can call me sis. It'll still take a lot to trust you again."

"Yeah, I know." I look around, taking everything in like I do every day. It's still a mystery to me how we've survived this long, this is our life now. I wonder if we'll ever get back to normal, it'd be nice if we could. I see Daryl walk over to get some food from Carol with Rachel.

"Morning Daryl." A guy whose name I always forget speaks.

"What's up doctor S?"

"Morning Daryl." Another guy speaks as he walks past, well somebody is popular. I'm not surprised he did well on the last run.

"Smells good." Daryl comments to Carol.

"Just so you know, I liked you first." Carol smiles.

"Stop." He eats some food.

"Actually mom liked him first." Rachel corrects her with a smirk, I roll my eyes. We could only just hear them as it was still quiet outside.

"She still wants you and dad together again." Darren says as he sits next to me.

"Yeah, well we know that won't happen." I look at Rachel. "Rachel, come eat." I shout to her.

"But I'm with dad." She yells back, I give her a 'come here now' look. "Fine. Bye, dad. Carol." She walks over to us, I give her my plate that had some food left over for her. "Thank you."

"Hey, kiddo." Jamie greets Rachel, she gives him a glance before eating some food. "Still hate me huh?"

"Before this world, no. But now yes, you tried to take me away from mom." 

"Rach, we don't talk about that anymore." I remind her, she sighs lightly.

"It's a bit hard to forget what happened mom."

"I know honey." I smile at her. "It's okay now though, he can't and won't ever try that again. No one will."

"Well, I know I'm not welcome here. So I'm gonna go find dad, I'll see you later Megan." Jamie says before getting up and walking away from us. 

"You had fun with your dad this morning?" I ask Rachel making sure to distract her from remembering what happened months ago.

"Yeah, he found some crayons and paper for me to draw with on his last run. So I drew him a picture."

"What picture did you draw?" 

"Us. A family. You, dad, me and Darren."

"That sounds like a nice drawing."

"I wish it was real."

"Sweetie, you know we'll always be a family."

"Not how i want it to be though." I sigh.

"I know. Stay with Darren okay? I have to do my job with helping to keep the walkers at bay."

"Okay." I kiss the top of her head and give Darren a small nod before going down to help Maggie with the walkers.