Chapter 8

"What about you Megan?" Rick asks me.

"You did the right thing." I speak, why does it matter what I would do?

"But what would have you done?" I think for a moment.

"I would have done the same. She can't be here when we have children and a lot more to think about." I still can't believe that she did that, why would she do that? Rick sits in the car, he was about to close the door until Maggie spoke.

"Rick. The clusters getting bigger than the one that took the fence down, we need to do something."

"We will." He closes the door and drives off, I look at Maggie.

"Daryl's defiantly gonna be pissed."

"I know." I agree, we go back to the fence to try and clear some walkers. "Do you think Carol will be okay?"

"You're actually worried about her?"

"Well yeah. I know we dont get on much but her and Daryl are close and I think we've both realised we need to grow up. Besides not long ago I think we became friends, I wish it was sooner we did that."

"If we see her again I better see you two hugging." I chuckle

            After a while Rick comes to help us with the fence. We were using logs to help hold it up, hoping it was enough to keep it steady. 

"I just talked to your dad He looks good, all things considered." Rick speaks to Maggie as they get another log from the truck. I stab a walker only to realise I know who it was, my old friend. I thought I killed her, back when this started. She used to live next door, even though we never got on after our fall out back when I was a teen.

"If Carl was sick would you be up there with him?" I hear Maggie ask Rick.

"If i thought I could help."

"You dont think I can help?" Before he could respond Rick gets grabbed by a walker which made him fall to the ground, Maggie was the first to react by chopping the walkers hand off.

"I'm just glad you're out here with me. Both of you." Maggie pulls him up.

"You alright Megan?" Maggie follows my gaze to where I was looking. "Did you know her?"

"We used to be best friends before I met Daryl, then after i had Darren she moved in next door. I thought I killed her back when this started, she tried robbing us when it all went crazy. Then a walker bit her, she killed that one. I must have just knocked her out."

"I'm sorry." Rick states, I nod my head.

"Did Hershel say how Rach was?"

"Yeah, said she's fine. Keeps to herself, singing a lot. She thinks she's the least infected, others are worse."

"Don't you want to be there with her?" Maggie questions me.

"More than anything, but I cant help her anymore than I can now. Just got to hope for the best." I confess as I help chop the logs up. I stop once I hear a gun shot, Maggie ignores it and continues to chop the log.

"Go." Rick tells her.

"The fence is more important. We need to keep it standing." She argues, Maggie had a point. But I couldn't stop worrying, Rach is up there. So are all the others.

"I got this."

"You cant do this alone."

"Hello? Stood right here." I mockingly stick my hands up like a kid in a class room.

"Both of you. Go."

"Are you sure?" I ask him.

"Go!" I and Maggie run to cell block A, we bang on the door to be let in.