23

We had just gotten back to the old castle. I had ripped off my dress and Lazarus his suit, we changed into our pj's and had planned to spend the rest of the time cuddling in bed, well that's what Lazarus thought I wanted, I wanted more of what had happened the previous night. I felt much more comfortable knowing my tormentor was dead, and Lazarus would be by my side. That was until Stella appeared. She had barged in just as we were getting under the covers. "Mom's here," she smiled, Lazarus let out a deep breath before he turned to me.

"Ready to meet my mother?" he asked unenthusiastically. I had never met any previous boyfriend's parents before, let alone my husbands, even though I never had previous boyfriends.

"I guess," I let out a shaky breath before he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed. I was only in a silk nightgown that made it only to my knees.

"Dress in something casual," Stella smiled before she closed the door and left.

"I'm nervous," I proclaimed.

"Don't be my mother will love you," Lazarus smiled, throwing on a pair of dress pants.

"How do you know?" I asked, he gave me a pointed look.

"I'm my mother's only blood-born child; she always said if I was happy, then she was happy." I nodded. I quickly dressed in a pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt before I slipped on some socks. I made my way to the bathroom I threw my hair up in a neat ponytail before I met a fully dressed Lazarus back in our bedroom, I slid my hand in his before he led me out of the bedroom to his mother who was seated in the dining room, waiting for us.

The woman was seated at the head of the dusty black dining room table. She looked like a female version of Lazarus. She had sharp features with black hair that was tied neatly in a bun on top of her head. Her eyes were the exact shade of burgundy which stood out against her pale skin and black dress.

"Lazarus," she snapped, the instant we entered the dining room. "Why was I not invited to the wedding?"

"I'm sorry, mamma," he grimaced.

"You better," she snapped again, she stood from her seat and made her way to us. She was tall but not as tall as Lazarus. Her legs were covered by the elegant Gothic-Victorian dress she wore it reached the floor and swayed slightly as she walked.

"The wedding wasn't supposed to be how it was," Lazarus explained before giving his mother a quick peck on the cheek.

"Stella explained, I'm pretty pissed," she kept her eyes on her son.

"Mamma, meet my wife Ellie," he grabbed me and put me between his mother and himself. I looked at her with wide eyes. My hand shook as I raised it to shake hers. She barely glanced at it, before she reached her hand up to flick her son in the nose, I felt him tense.

"That is no way to introduce your bride to your mother, you are going to give the poor girl a heart attack, oh wait," she laughed the last part. "I'm sorry for my sons' inexcusable behavior, it seems he needs to be taught another lesson on introductions," she snapped, her eyes attempted to burn a hole in her son's face.

"My name is Anna McCrow, but you can call me mamma if you prefer," she smiled at me, her eyes twinkled.

"Hello," I smiled back sheepishly.

"So," she clapped her hands, "when am I getting grandkids?" she asked, I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I thought vampires couldn't have kids," she looked at me like I had grown another head.

"What do you mean?" she questioned, "Who the hell told you that?" she looked at Lazarus.

"I thought it would be best," he mumbled.