Doing Better

3rd person pov

As Blake once again evaded Y/N he growled in frustration, the baby was now sat atop a table. She leaned back, falling which made him yelp as he tried to reach out to catch the baby faunas.

She simply vanished before landing in the Huntsman's hand, crawling between his legs before making her way towards the living room. Y/N let out a sound of annoyance, following her.

Grabbing a laser pointer he sighed and began to mess with it, seeing that he had to wait for Blake to tire herself out. However she saw it and began to follow the light, her ears twitching.

Y/N: Wait... she follows this? I mean, of course she does! I'm a genius!

The Huntsman began to lead her around, making sure the faunas baby didn't go off anywhere he couldn't track her as he smiled triumphantly. Sadly, his achievement was quickly cut off when she saw the laser pointer.

In a matter of moments she disappeared and appeared on couch, reaching towards the toy he held in his hand. Y/N sighed and kept it away, soon getting up which made her crawl across the couch and go towards him.

He huffed, going into the kitchen as Blake watched him leave. She tried following him but Y/N was too fast so she was left in the hallway. Her lip quivered before she began to cry loudly.

Sighing heavily Y/N left the kitchen and went into the hallway, picking Blake up he kind of just stood there and held her as she continued to cry, a tick mark appearing on his forehead.

Y/N: What!? I do this and that but you either cause trouble or cry!

The baby faunas stopped crying when he picked her up, so Y/N took her to his room and placed her on the bed before letting go. As soon as he did that she began crying again which made him pinch the bridge of his nose.

Suddenly the doorbell rang as he groaned, Blake's crying hadn't stopped and if it was his landlord or neighbours they wouldn't shut up about him having a baby. Y/N placed her in the baby carrier and put it on backwards so no one could see her.

He went over to the door and looked down, seeing the colours matched in with his clothes so it'd be hard to see. Opening the door the Huntsman paused upon seeing the person at the door, the one who left.

Y/N: ...Hey

Kali: That's a better reception then i accepted

Y/N: What do you want?!

Kali: Well, your attitude hasn't changed... I was just in the area, and i wanted to see how you were doing

Y/N: Well, you've seen me. Bye

Going to shut the door he felt Blake shift on his back so he did it quickly. Kali just stood there, surprised that he didn't want to talk or anything. Walking past his window she saw him trying to get Blake off his head as she had used her semblance and appeared on it.

She simply smiled, happy he didn't just hand her off to an orphanage, although it pained her that she was missing those moments with her daughter. Hearing something behind she turned to see Ghira approaching her.

Ghira: Is this where you wanted to go? It's kind of... well, it's not the best looking place out there

Kali: I just wanted to visit, seeing as i used to live here

They began to walk as he placed a hand on her shoulder, neither of them wore wedding rings. She looked around, seeing a few places her and Y/N went to which mostly ended up in either a free meal or someone going to the hospital.

Ghira: I know it hurts, i miss her Blake too, but we can't dwell over her disappearance. As soon

Kali: ...I know

(A week ago)

Sitting in Blake's room Kali looked to the baby in her arms as she rocked her gently while hearing Ghira arguing loudly with someone. It turns out if you're busy with the White Fang all the time, it doesn't make you a good partner or father.

Blake sobbed lightly, unable to sleep from the shouting. Frowning softly Kali attempted to make her sleep, holding ghe baby faunas close as she thought about the one she was with before.

Kali: I should've stayed... he was a piece of work, and annoying, and short... but he cared

Getting up she left the room, knowing Ghira wouldn't notice her being gone. She took a basket and blanket, wrapping the baby Blake in it before kissing her forehead and putting a note inside after writing it.

She approached a guard she trusted and told them where to take Blake. They were hesitant but agreed to it, soon leaving after Kali said her goodbyes to the baby she was entrusting to her ex, their baby.

(Present)

Y/N: Ha! Can't escape now!

He had placed a laundry basket ontop of the baby faunas, it was plastic and had slots where he could see her. Blake simply looked to him before sticking her arm through one of the slots, reaching out for him.

Hesitantly Y/N reached towards her hand with a finger, going to push it back in. However she instead grabbed it, a happy giggle coming from her as the Huntsman felt conflicted.

Looking to her through another slot he sighed and pushed her hand back in before taking the laundry basket off. Blake looked up to him, blinking slowly she reached out towards him again.

The Huntsman held out his finger again which she grabbed, soon pulling his whole hand close to her. Blake leaned her head against his hand, smiling happily which made him blush in embarrassment.

Y/N: I'm a proud Huntsman, not a baby sitter! We need to find your parents

She looked up to him as she opened her mouth slightly, sounds coming from her which made Y/N stare at her in confusion, forgetting to take his hand away from her head.

Blake: ...Da-da

(Lemme know what you think)