Carrying On

3rd person pov

Y/N: So, your semblance is unique to you. However you seem to be a natural at using it

She nodded proudly and used her semblance which left a shadow clone of herself where she used to be for a brief moment before she waved her hand through it, making the clone evaporate.

Seeing this he went over to his bad and rooted around in it, soon taking out a vial of ice dust which he handed to Blake once he came back over. The young faunas stared at it in confusion, shaking the vial lightly.

Blake: What's this...?

Y/N: Ice dust. Sprinkle some on your hand and then use your semblance

Once again Blake nodded slightly and followed his instructions. Shs used her semblance once it was in her hands and was moved forward before Y/N smiled which made her turn around.

Instead of a shadow clone, an ice replica of Blake stood there which made her eyes widen in amazement. She then went over and poked it, feeling the cold ice against her finger.

Blake: Can we take it home?

Y/N: It'll probably melt before we get there

She pouted slightly and just paid attention to the ice sculpture she made of herself using her semblance. Poking it again the ice fell apart, crumbling to the ground which made her flinch before tearing up.

Y/N: Oh no...

Timeskip

After a while of crying in which Y/N resisted the urge to try and out scream her he sat on the ground and poked the open flame in front of them with a stick before glancing to his daughter.

She held a book in her hands as she had a book reading light attached to it to help her see the words on the page. Blake then looked up to Y/N and shuffled over on her knees, sittimg on his lap.

Blake: What does this word say?

Y/N: Hm? Oh, it's says society

Blake: "We live in a society..." What do they mean by that?

Y/N: I... wouldn't know. I haven't read the book

Blake: What books have you read?

He paused before slowly turbing his head to the side and crossing his arms as Blake looked up to him with curious confusion, unsure of why he was doing that so she poked him.

Y/N: I'm a Huntsman, i don't need to read books

Blake: But... i want you to read to me

Y/N: I want won't get

Blake: Please?

Turning his bed to her Y/N saw her expression and pleading eyes so the Huntsman sighed quietly and gave in before taking the book from her but holding it infront of them so she could see too.

Y/N: "Why won't you die!?" Raiden questioned as he shook his head slightly and stared down his opponent. A chuckle came from Armstrong as he reached down, swiftly tearing off his shirt to show a large number of lines spreading across his body that all started from his heart. "Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma." The senator answered as his body began to darke- what is this book?

Blake: Um... i don't know, but this guy called Monsoon talked about passing on memes!

Pinching the bridge of his nose Y/N took a deep breath before lowering his hand and gripping the book with both hands which caused Blake to look back to the pages excitedly.

Timeskip

The two eventually got back from the camping/training trip and Blake was sent off to preschool which left Y/N to sit around the house, having peace and quiet for the first time in years.

He leaned back on the couch and mindlessly went through his scroll, not having anything else to do as he had "cleaned up" already, which was just him putting stuff away improperly.

However there was a knock at the door which made him shoot out his seat and sigh in relief, finally having something to do. Going over to the door he opened it only to pause upon seeing the stranger.

Y/N: Can i help you?

?: Yeah, my name's Raven. I was curious if you knew about a pre school around here? I just moved here with my daughter

Y/N: Oh- I do, yeah. Come here at around half 2 and i'll take you to it as i'm picking up mine

Raven: Thanks... i live a few houses down, just before the corner. Come stop by if you want...

She then left just like that causing Y/N to watch her before going back inside as she ran a hand through his hair, heading into the kitchen to quickly grab a drink he heard his scroll ring.

Ducking into the living room he opened his scroll only to see it was from Kali so he hung up, placing it back down. He let out a breath and sat down, slowly picking up the book he had to read Blake.

He opened it and turned to a page, finding where he was previously. The Huntsman had been reading it secretly on his own, actually enjoying the book and planning on reading the prequels despite this being a spin off.

Y/N: "Now there's a pretty meme, exquisite!" Monsoon exclaimed as he stared down at Raiden who was resting on one knee, tracking him with his eye...

(Lemme know what you think also sorry for the short chapter)