Too Much Work

(Attention. You will not be dating Raven in this. It is not Raven x Reader, the whole point of this story is you being Blake's father. Just because there is a girl in a story that you talk to, doesn't mean they'll fall in love with and want to date you. I swear, too many stories do this)

3rd person pov

Resting at home Y/N looked to his scroll and saw it was about time that he would need to pick up Blake so he got up and stretched his arms above his head and let out a slight yawn.

He headed over to the front door and slipped his shoes on, grabbing his keys and stepped out before closing the door behind him. As he began to walk Y/N started to think about a few things.

Before becoming a father, he was a proud Huntsman, never listening to anyone and now he's become domesticated, no longer how he was all those years ago, and that bugged him.

Eventually arriving at the preschool Y/N let out a breath and ran a hand through his hair, waiting for everyone to come out. As he did the Huntsman spotted a man who looked an awful lot like Yang, but with blue eyes and slightly tanned skin.

The kids started to file out and look for their parents, Blake saw Y/N and told her teacher before heading towards him however Raven was nowhere in sight so he met the young faunas halfway and approached the teacher.

Y/N: I'll take Yang home

Teacher: Hmm? Oh, right. Well, you've taken her back before, so i don't see the harm

Y/N: Come on then, Yang

Yang: Where's mom...?

Y/N: She's... out at the moment

Nodding slightly she walked alongside Blake as the three began to leave while the man watched, his eyes trailing Yang before he sighed sadly and left. As they got out the school Y/N looked around.

The day wasn't hot nor cold, just around the middle with greyish clouds hovering in the sky but showed no sign of raining. Glancing to the two young girls Y/N robbed the back of his neck.

Blake: Can Yang stay around tonight?

Y/N: When Raven comes back, she'll probably be against it

Blake: Please?

Y/N: That's enough, Blake

Blake: Please? I'll be good

Y/N: I said no! Now stop!

He turned to her as Blake flinched before looking down. Letting out a breath Y/N continued to walk as the two followed behind although the mood was severely dampened.

Timeskip

Hours had passed since Y/N picked the girls up and Raven had not come back yet. Yang sat on the couch and watched T.V along with Blake, both of them sticking close to eachother.

Due to the snap the Huntsman had he felt guilty, for obvious reasons. Even though learning to say no was a good thing, the way he did it would only cause troubles and resentment.

He went into the kitchen and grabbed a drink before a red portal appeared in the living room and Raven stepped out. Yang saw her as it closed so she jumped up and hugged her, making the Huntress gingerly hug her back.

Raven: Sorry i was gone...

Y/N: Sorry to break this up, but i need to talk to you for a moment

Looking over to him she nodded before placing Yang down and following Y/N as he walked up the stairs so that neither of the girls could hear them, or at least hopefully not hear them.

Once reaching his room Raven looked to the Huntsman as he sat down on his bed and ran a hand through his hair, a tired look on his face which she took note of for later.

Raven: So, what is it?

Y/N: I need to know... how do you do it? I used to be a proud Huntsman, a-and now i don't have time to myself. When she's off it's just cleaning and readying things, i just... i sometimes don't want to be-

He was cut off instantly when Raven slapped him causing the sound to ring out in the room as Y/N's head rocked to the side before he placed a hand on his cheek, there being a mark forming.

Raven: We're parents. Their needs come before our own, so don't go around saying you'd rather be like you were before, a lonely, angry man who drove others away from you. At least now you have a friend who's willing to help, and a daughter who loves her father

Y/N: I... You're right. Sorry

Sighing quietly Raven pat his shoulder reassuringly before leaving his room, the door could be heard opening and closing a few moments later as faint footsteps slowly approached his room.

As Y/N looked up he saw Blake peaking inside as she held the door frame, her ears drooping slightly. He nodded to her and patted beside him so she came into the room and climbed onto the bed.

She then hugged him as her ears flattened against her head so Y/N hugged her back, keeping her close as he felt guilty for what he said and how he'd been thinking recently.

Y/N: I'm sorry, Blake. You didn't do anything wrong, i was just upset

Blake: Are you okay now?

Y/N: Yeah, i'm okay now... i promise to be better

Blake: But... you're already the best you could be... i love you, papa

Y/N: I love you too, Blake

(Lemme know what you think)