Chapter 18 - Final Encounter

(Peridot Pov)

"So, how did all this happen?. When did it happen?" I said to Steven as we were making our way to the nearest warp pad.

"Garnet and Pearl went on a mission, they left me and Connie with Amethyst. We were having fun until Jasper showed up" Steven said looking at Amethyst who was walking far behind "Jasper defeated Amethyst in a fight, ever since Amethyst hasn't stopped talking about her."

Huh, reminds me of Lapis in some kind of way. "Well, hopefully bringing her to the beta kindergarten will change her mind" I said standing on the warp pad. We warp padded to the beta kindergarten. "Here we are, the beta kindergarten heh" I said walking off the warp pad "we're here to see how you're nothing compared to Jasper Amethyst. You were made in the prime Kindergarten, Jasper was made...well here a not so good kindergarten, heh beta what a joke."

Amethyst looked around, "I didn't know a place like this existed, both me and Jasper were made on earth?" Amethyst said confused.

"Yea but you were made so much better. See just because you lasted a bit longer in your hole doesn't mean anything, you were made in a perfect place. I mean look at this place, it was a total rush job." We walked past a few holes, I explained to Steven and Amethyst how they were made "look at these holes, they clearly are nothing compared to the prime. I mean look at this one, this gem was made side ways hah."

"What about that one?" Amethyst pointed at one hole.

I looked at it "Jasper..." I said "it's so huge!" Amethyst said.

"Come on, we already know she's big" I walked over to the hole, I needed to get up so I asked Steven for help. "See the problem here is...wait" Jasper's hole from the inside actually looked in good condition "well the problem...uh, I'm pretty sure it's over on the back. Now the problem...um" the back also looked in good condition. Stupid pebble actually came out good compared to the others...oh boy. I touched the walls and noticed that they could be easily scratched. I got out the hole and walked over to Steven and Amethyst "I uh...actually I never seen a hole this perfect."

Amethyst sighed and looked upset "so it is true"

Steven looked at her "Amethyst, who you are isn't where you came from, it's who you want to be. It's what you worked hard for, it's what you care about that's what really matters."

Amethyst looked up at us with a smile "yea...Yea! It's about who I wanna be" both me and Steven smiled "Yea!" We both said.

"And I want to be the gem that beats Jasper, into the dirt"

"Yea!...wait no don't fight her, are you not seeing this? She's the ultimate Quartz" I told Amethyst.

"I'm going to do it, but not only for me but for all the weird holes out there" Amethyst said pointing and calling out most of the holes. One of the holes caught my eyes though.

"Wait, this one doesn't seem right" I walked over towards it "yes I know, she must have been great" Amethyst said. "No I mean something really isn't ok, these marks seem fresh. This hole was recently dugged out" I said touching the walls. We walked further into the kindergarten, and to our suprise there were more holes, not normal ones but holes that have been dugged out, with bars on them.

"What happened..." Amethyst said looking around, "these aren't exit holes anymore" I said looking at each hole. Steven walked towards one "then what are they?" Suddenly a corrupted gem almost clawed Steven from inside the cage, we quickly grabbed Steven and got him away. "corrupted gems...in cages?" Steven said "why? Who would do this" I said worried, "That's who" Amethyst said pointing towards Jasper.