Chapter 27 - Second Thoughts

(Peridot Pov)

"Peridot! We need to leave, now!" Lapis said putting my tablet down.

"Lapis calm down, they can't find us here. Like Steven said, the Diamonds don't know his here" I tried to calm Lapis down. But nothing worked.

"Ugh! Don't you get it? We can't hide here anymore. They are coming, and they will shatter us all!" Lapis walked inside the barn. I didn't know what she was planning on doing, but I needed to reason with her.

Steven said that he went on trial. He met the Diamonds, and that freaked Lapis out. She thinks that they are on thier way here, which can't happen.

I walked inside the barn looking for Lapis. She stood in the middle of the barn, "Peridot, help me gather things so that we can leave."

I tried to say something, but the sounds of someone walking outside stopped me. Lapis heard it too, and she quickly walked outside to see who it was. Steven huffed, he probably ran over here. "Peridot! Huff Lapis!" He said catching his breath.

"Steven!" Lapis said, "great, know that we're all here, we can finally leave."

"What about our crops?"

"The vegetables will have to deal."

"What about our CPH dvds?"

"We'll take them with us" Lapis said with a small annoyed tone.

"What about the tv? We can't watch the dvds without the tv!"

"We'll just bring it too!"

"Lapis, calm down. The Diamonds don't know that I'm here, they still think I'm at homeworld" Steven explained.

Lapis shook her head, "you don't get it! You went on trial, and you ran away! Don't you get it? They're looking for you, and it won't take long for them to find you here, on earth" lapis put a hand on my shoulder, "I'm not getting cought in the middle of another war...not again."

I quickly ran inside, and grabbed a meepmorp, "Lapis! What about our meepmorps? They don't look as good if they're not in the barn."

"Uugh! There's no need to get so emotional!"

Her words stinged, "r-right, I'm sorry."

Steven patted my back. Pumpkin was behind me, it looked like she was hiding.

"....maybe I can do something" Lapis spoke. She walked away from the barn, then used her power to make our small pool disappear, it then appeared around the barn. Small waves surrounded it, the barn then levitate in the air, "there! Now we can bring our whole life with us, you, me, and all of our things."

I watched her, then at the barn. She was serious about this, and I didn't know what to do anymore. "Right...right!" Is all I could say.

"You're leaving right now? I thought...I don't know what to say" Steven said looking down.

Lapis walked up to him, and hugged him, "goodbye Steven, good luck" she stood up, and looked at me "Peridot, don't you want to say bye?"

I looked at her, tears in my eyes. I still couldn't process this. I didn't exactly know what to do, I didn't want to leave but Lapis does. I need to go with her, or else she won't have anyone, "uh...um."

I then realized that Pumpkin wasn't near me anymore, "wait! Where's Pumpkin?"

"She isn't inside?" Lapis said.

"She was just standing right next to me, we have to find her!"

Lapis then let the barn down where it originally was. "I'll check from above, Peridot you check the ground."