💥3💥

"I can heal people. I don't know my limit. I've only healed little things like a broken arm or some cuts." She took a deep breath again. "And I can control metal." She whispered. "Sorry I didn't hear the last thing. Can you repeat it?" Charles said. Her siblings all gave her an encouraging smile. "You don't have to be afraid, Lillian. No one will judge you for your powers."

"I can control metal." She repeated, a little louder. Charles looked a bit shocked. "Okay then, you see that satellite there?" He pointed at a big satellite. "Try to move it. That's how I trained with an old friend of mine."  She shook her head. "I can't, it's too far and too heavy. I'm happy when I can move a fork."

"You underestimate your powers, Lillian. But if you want to start with something smaller, we can." Charles looked at her with a soft smile. "Peter, can you run to the cafeteria and bring us a spoon?" With a blink of an eye, he stood there with a spoon in his hand. "Peter, just hold that spoon in your hand. Lillian, try to take it." And so she did. Quite easily. "It's all-metal, you can do whatever you want with it. You can change its shape, melt it... Whatever your mind wants."

Lillian let the spoon float in the air then bent it. A devilish smile appeared on her face.
"Liz." Wanda moved to her sister. With a flick of her hand, Lillian pushed her sister away. She melted the metal in her hands and shaped it, first into a ring and then into a heart. "Excellent, truly! But can you please make it a spoon again?" She nodded.

*Meanwhile in Boston*

"Nicole, it's not your fault." Olivia Adams said to her younger sister. "How can it not be my fault, Liv. I turned into a fucking wolf in our car. Do you know what the police said about our parents' death? That some kind of wild animal, a wolf, killed them. I killed our fucking parents." Nicole trembled.

"You lost control. You were in shock. It can happen to anyone, please, don't blame yourself." Olivia wrapped an arm around her sister. Nicole immediately leaned away.

"Yes, but it happened to me." She was about to leave when a portal opened in their living room. A big blue guy and two girls were now standing in the room. "Psylocke," Olivia said surprised. "I'm sorry I came unannounced, but we need your help."

*Back to the Westchester next day*

"So, day off. What are your plans?" Jean asked them as they ate breakfast in the cafeteria. "I'm going straight to bed," Rose answered. "I'm going to the library to read," Lillian spoke without taking her eyes from a book she was reading. "I'm going for a run." Peter took a sip of his juice.

"Well, I'm going to train. And you guys should too." Wanda said, pointing at her thee siblings. "I will. After a few hours of refreshing sleep." Everyone laughed at Rose. "I'll join you. Just let me finish this book." Lillian said and turned another page.

"And you, Jean? Wanna join me on my run?" Peter asked. "I'm gonna hang out with Scott and Jubilee." Peter looked a bit sad. "I'm going to the library. I can't concentrate here. Later, guys." Lillian stood up. "Later." Everyone said. She walked through the mansion, eyes focused down at the ground. The halls were almost empty but to her luck, she bumped into someone. The book slipped from her hands and fell to the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry." A blond guy said. "No, it's okay. I should pay more attention to where I'm going." He leaned down and picked her book up then handed it to her. "Thanks." She shyly whispered. "You're the new girl, right?" He asked. "Yes, Lillian Maximoff." She outstretched her hand.

"Alex Summers." Alex shook her hand. "You know, I used to go here. About 10 years ago."

"Really? You don't seem to be that old." They both laughed. "Going to the library?" he pointed at Lillian's book. "Oh, yeah, the only place I can read without my siblings' interrupting me." She smiled a little.

Professor Xavier suddenly appeared and wheeled beside them. "Going somewhere?" Lillian asked curiously. "Yes, secret mission. So shh." Alex put his finger to his lips. "You're going away? Who is going to run the school?"

"Don't worry, my dear. Hank will be in charge." Charles smiled at her. "Of course it's him. If someone pisses him off, the beast will come out." Alex laughed. "Alex, still so childish." Charles mused under his breath.

"Are you being mean to Mr. McCoy, Alex?" Lillian's eyebrows furrowed. "Just teasing him a little bit." Lillian rolled her eyes. "Speaking of which..." Hank walked up to them and handled the professor some car keys. "Well, we need to go. Alex?" Professor Xavier looked at him. Alex nodded and waved at Lillian before he walked away. "I hope to see you later." Charles smiled at Lillian.

She slowly started to walk away. "Maybe when you change your attitude. Goodbye Profesor!" The only thing she heard before she disappeared around the corner was a laugh from Charles.

On her way her phone beeped. A message from her siblings. Of course, it had to be a photo of her and Alex talking. But what made it worse was Peter's comment attached to it. 'That sexual tension could be cut by a knife.'
Lillian just shook her head at her older brother.

***

Lizzy sat on the window bench and opened her book. She sat there for hours, just reading. Sometimes she looked out of the window seeing Wanda train and Peter pissing her off. After a while, Rose joined them to train.

"Shouldn't we call her?" Rose asked her older siblings. "Let her read. It's rare to see her this calm." Wanda said softly.

Lillian spotted a car stopping by the entrance door. 'Welcome home, Professor.' She thought, trying to be kind. 'Thank you, Lillian.' She could actually hear him chuckle.
She then returned to her book, she read as her life depended on it. Lillian heard voices so she turned her head to the door. Alex was standing there with a woman.

"And this is the library," Alex said. The woman got pretty excited. "Can I look around?" She asked. "Yeah, sure." he smiled.

Alex then walked up to Lillian when he spotted her reading by the window. "I guess the mission went alright." She said, trying to sound careless. "Think so. It's not over yet. I see you are at the end. Pretty interesting." He pointed out. "Nothing interesting. Just a girl without a life. I don't know what to do with my life, so I came here."

"And?" He asked. That made her sigh. "And I feel no difference. Just fear of hurting someone." She averted her eyes to look out of the window again.

"You hurt someone? That's why you're here?" He asked. She could hear the sympathy in his voice. That's exactly what she didn't need. Empathy. "Just myself. But almost everyone around me. I'm more dangerous than you know, Alex Summers." She turned a page. "I think I'm more dangerous than you, Lillian Maximoff."

He thought for a while. "It would be great to talk to you longer, but Charles needs us." Lizzy understood. "Agent MacTaggert?! Mr. Xavier is calling us back!" A woman was now standing right beside him. He gave Lillian a questioning look. She nodded that she'll be okay. As okay as she can be...