💥8.💥

The group got into the cafeteria and sat next to Scott, Nicole, Olivia, and Storm. "Where is your brother?" Nicole asked. "I think he said something about taking a shower before dinner." Speaking of which, Peter walked into the room, sat next to Jean, and put his arm over her shoulders.

"So, Lillian, when will you be joining us for training?" Storm asked but Lillian was just looking around the room to see if the professor was there. "Huh?" She hummed. "Who are you looking for?" Rose winked at her. "Just the professor. I don't want to face him. We had a little chat and it didn't go very well." She poked her fork into the mashed potatoes in front of her. "You had a fight with the professor?" Peter shouted with his mouth full.

Thank God for that, otherwise, everyone in the cafeteria would've heard him. "Peter, don't talk with your mouth full!" His twin sister scolded him. "You wanna get expelled after the first week?" Rose joked. "It was so stupid." Lillian put her head into her hands. "I just don't want to face him right now." She felt a stroke on her hand. "It'll be okay. You will see." Her oldest sister tried to comfort her.

"Yeah, the professor is not that type of person who stays mad for longer periods of time." Jean joined. Lillian just nodded her head. "What was the question you asked me before I started talking about this?" Lillian murmured.

"Oh, I asked if you'll be joining us soon," Ororo said with a smile. "I don't... I will join you when I get better control of my power. I'm not ready to fight, yet. I need to train." She tried to explain herself. "But that's exactly what you'd do." Lillian's fork started shaking. "Yes, but I said I need to get some control. You have no idea what it feels like to be afraid of what you're capable of. I just don't want to hurt you. Any of you." The lights started flickering.

"You see." She managed to calm down. "We all get that, but that's exactly why you need to train. I accidentally turned into a wolf when I didn't know the answer to some math question." Nicole laughed at her memory. "I will join you, just not now." Lillian stood up and left, heading to their dorm.

The weekend came quickly and the teens decided to have a movie night. Some of them sat on the couch or in armchairs and some on the ground. "Pass me the popcorn?" Someone asked and Ororo, who sat on the ground handed them the bowl filled with the salty snack.  "Thank you." Rose spoked, sitting behind her and took the bowl.

Peter, who was sitting next to Jean having his arms around her asked: "Jean, I was thinking, do you maybe want to go out with me? Maybe next week." Jean stopped watching and turned her head to face him. "Peter, I...I'm really sorry but I see you just as a friend and I actually didn't take you seriously. I'm sorry I should have told you." He put his arm away, looking down. "I'm gonna get some twinkies." Jean shook her head. "Pete..." She couldn't even finish what she wanted to say before he ran away.

"I'm going to talk to him." Nicole stood up, glancing at Jean. "No, I'm going. I'm his sister." Wanda said. "Yeah, that's why you shouldn't go. He won't listen to you. Trust me." Nicole argued. Wanda nodded with a defeated sigh. Nicole left the room and started tracking him. Slowly she got on the roof. She saw him sitting looking at somewhere in the distance. "Can I join you?" He didn't even look up but nodded. "How did you find me?" She sat beside him. "Wolf senses." An awkward silence spread between the two of them.

"It sucks I know. But hey there are plenty of fishes in the sea." He threw a rock off the roof. "Yeah, but how many of them are mutants. People won't accept us. I guess girls aren't attracted to me." She looked at him with widened eyes.

"Peter, that's not true! I know we don't know each other very long but you're amazing. You're funny, your mutation is cool, I mean you can get anywhere in just a second and not be worn out and you're handsome too." He laughed. "You're not bad yourself." She blushed a little after he said that.
"If Jean can't see that, she's not worth it." He looked at her features. "I guess I asked the wrong person. So Nicole, would you like to go out with me? It doesn't need to be a date." She stopped him. "I'd love to." Big smiles appeared on both of their faces.

"You wanna go back inside?" She shook her head at his question. "Why?" he questioned more. "It's beautiful here. And I already saw that movie. Why don't we talk?" He laughed. "Okay, let's talk."

_________

The switches suddenly lit up in their room and they all saw Alex standing in the door frame. "Alright, kids, bedtime. Chop chop." He got a group 'Noo' from the teens. Alex started laughing. "Just kidding." He switched off the lights and sat next to Lillian. "What's the movie about?" He asked. "I have no idea." She answered. He chucked. "You have no idea what movie you're watching?" She nodded yes. "Since the beginning, I'm slowly drifting off." She admitted.

"If you're tired you should go to bed."

"It's okay, I'm used to it." Scott glanced at them. "Shush, we want to watch the movie." Alex rolled his eyes. "Don't mind him," Lillian said. "Shouldn't I be the one telling you that? He's my little brother after all."

She giggled. They accidentally touched shoulders and she immediately pulled away. "Oh God, you're hot." Everybody started laughing except for Lillian. "Sorry, that came out wrong." She blushed hard but she pressed the back of her hand against his forehead. "Do you feel good? I think you have a fever."

"I'm good, my body temperature is higher than usual ever since I've gained my powers." He explained to her. "Oh okay, sorry." She looked at Ororo with embarrassment and leaned her head on her shoulder.

By the time the movie ended, almost half of the girls were asleep. Well... Lillian, Olivia, and Jubilee. "Should we wake them up?" Scott asked. "If you want to get killed..." Jean laughed him off. "What if Kurt teleports them into their rooms?" Ororo suggested. Rose shook her head. "Nah, it would wake them up." Alex stood up with a laugh. "And what if we just take them there?" Everybody looked at him.

"That's actually a good idea." Scott got Olivia, Kurt took Jubs and when Alex wanted to take Lillian, Wanda stopped him. "Wait, she's a light sleeper. Let's not wake her up." She used her telekinesis to float her. "See you, tomorrow guys. Goodnight." Everybody said goodnight and left for their rooms.

_________

"I think we should go. Everyone's going back to their rooms." Nicole said looking at Peter. "Oh okay." He stood up and helped her. "Walk me to my room?" She asked. "Of course." They walked together through the corridors of the mansion. "Thank you for the evening, Nicole. You're awesome." She blushed a little. "No, thank you. You're pretty cool too."

"I never thought I'd be friends with a villain." He laughed, Nicole punched him slightly. "You're the son of the world's supervillain." She pointed out. "Good point." They stood in front of her room. "Have a good night Nicole." He kissed her cheek. "You too Peter." After her door closed Peter ran into his dorm. Scott and Kurt weren't in the room yet. He quickly went to sleep not wanting to answer their questions in the middle of the night.

The teens could say that this night was unforgettable.