Chapter 2: The Roar of a Lion

(Alright Dimitri fans, you'll enjoy this chapter a whole lot. So will Mr. Hackney. I ship Dimileth! It is a really cute ship, and the route kind of makes it Byleth should be with Dimitri. Of course, this wasn't my first route. It was my younger sibling's first route, and my sibling loved Dimitri and this route so much. I do enjoy the Blue Lion's House too. Fun house and a different change from the route I started on. Enjoy!) 

(Byleth's POV)

             I was sitting in my Literature class which was being taught by Professor Alois. He was pretty boisterous about his class.

"He really knows a lot about this subject" Tianhuang said impressed.

I jumped up from my desk as my classmates looked at me surprised.

"That is right Byleth! Bring the emotion out of you just like how Merric did in his books about the War of Altea!" Alois exclaimed in delight as he went to write something on the chalk board.

I sat down in my desk as I sighed.

"Please warn me before talking to me. I will not be used to this for a while" I mentally told my partner.

"I'm sorry about this. However, you should grow accustomed to my voice soon! We have to find the other gods and goddesses" Tianhuang said seriously.

I simply nodded my head as I went back to typing notes on my computer on Professor Alois's lecture about Merric. I felt someone nudge my elbow. I turned to my right to see Dorothea. She grinned at me as she offered me a bag of tea leaves. I grinned at her and accepted it. After class had ended, I walked out with her.

"Quite the scene you put on for Professor Alois" she said with a grin.

"It was an accident. I thought I heard someone talking to me" I told her.

I wasn't going to lie to her about everything.

"Really? Sounds fascinating! I've read somewhere that people who hear others calling to them are going to be a part of some grand adventure" Dorothea said as she recalled the tale and began to sing heavenly, "Calling you hear the calling... Let me know, set me free, I feel a bit older. Just once more, unto the breach, "Dear friend, once more"

I closed my eyes. I really find her singing quite peaceful.

"I wish I could hear a voice call out to me" she said with a smile.

"Why?" I asked her as we walked to our club meeting room.

"If I could be a part of a grand adventure, then I wouldn't have to worry about my future" Dorothea admitted sadly, "I am only good at singing and performing. I know a career for me in those areas will not last long. If I went on a grand adventure, then that means everything in my life will work out. I won't have to worry so much"

I starred at her in complete shock and understanding. That is a very scary thought to have when you are trying to figure out what you want to do with your life in the future.

"Do not tell her about me" Tianhuang said seriously.

"I wasn't planning to" I replied back to him as I opened the doors to the club room.

Ours was in the student commons. Apparently, last year, the Black Eagle house won this in a competition with the other houses. I wonder where the other two houses are meeting. My sister has the box containing Leonie's goddess. Maybe I should've kept it with me. I took a seat next to Dorothea as Hubert walked in front of us. The commons had comfy couches, three tables with six chairs. There was a board and tv as well. There were large windows shining light into the room.