Chapter 4: A Flirt and A Teacher

(Ah, the story continues! Honestly, I am a bit annoyed Fire Emblem Three Houses isn't getting proper recognition at the Game Awards, but oh well. Smash is up there along with Link's Awakening, Pokemon Sword and Shield, and Kingdom Hearts 3. Now, as for the story, don't worry, I did not forget about Byleth's twin sister! She gets to shine too! Enjoy!)

(Claude's POV)

              Ok, it is 1 am, and I am still working on homework. Figures this what college is supposed to be. However, my workload just got bigger after I discovered I would have the power of a God inside me.

"Are you ok, Claude?" Huangdi asked as he sat on my desk.

"Fine. A little tired. However, I have to get this done and find out about the other Gods and Goddesses. This isn't the first time this has happened either" I reassured him as I rubbed my eyes and looked at the books.

Geez, there are a lot of books. I am not sure I can keep my eyes open anymore. I need some help with this otherwise I am going to faint. Byleth might be able to help me tomorrow. After all, he was the one who wanted to learn as much as he can about the gods and goddesses. You know, there is something odd about that. I recall hearing from the news about how there were others similar to us who can use the powers of the gods and goddesses. However, every time I try to find anything about the previous incidents, I get redirected to a game series called Flaming Crest. This is getting annoying. Welp, I guess I should take time to talk to Teach about this. Oh, look at that. It is 3 am now. Yeah, going to bed to get the last four hours of sleep.

(Byleth's POV)

I woke up and decided to meet Claude at the library to research more about the gods and goddesses. Hopefully, nothing will interfere with us today. My house meeting isn't until 3 pm, and there are no classes on the weekends. I bought a fruit basket and a cup of coffee for Claude. I've heard how he stays up pretty late to study. Either way, I sat in the library as I took my laptop out. I opened my document of notes and reread something interesting. There was an article written by Rabin about the power of gods. However, the moment I clicked on the link, I redirected to a game called Fire Emblem. I wonder why.

"Yo! Teach!" Claude greeted warming as he entered the library with his stack of books and placed them on the table as he winked at me.

"Hi Claude. Here. I thought you could use this" I said as I handed him the cup of coffee.

"Thanks! You're quite the charmer, Teach! Mr. Tomas let us have the whole library to ourselves! Now, let's get cracking! So far, I have discovered some of the close gods and goddesses to Tainhuang. I've also discovered that not all the gods were too please with you, Tainhuang" Claude said with a grin as Tainhuang sighed.

I glanced at him who just nodded his head.

"It is hard to please everyone" Tianhuang said with a sigh, "Most of the gods and goddesses follow their own path and do what they please. I was tasked with becoming king and making sure that they listened to me. However, that was not the case at times"

Huangdi laughed as he recalled a memory, "That is true! He often had to submit to the others will before getting them to do anything he wanted to do!"

Tianhuang just sighed in defeat at his friend's teasing. As the two gods conversed with each other, Claude handed me a piece of paper.

"I was researching events which occurred before us about the gods and goddesses. One of these events happened a year ago on Ylisse. However, every time I try to research something about it, I've got nothing!" Claude said with surprise in his voice.

I looked at the paper of notes Claude had on the event. Someone was trying to cover it up, but why?

"Tianhuang are there other gods and goddesses out there?" I asked him seriously as he ceased his conversation with Huangdi.