Chapter 27: The Final Confrontation Part 2

(And, we have done it. The final chapter of this story is here! After the one year anniversary and just after Choose Your Legends Round 4 dropped. Needless to say, I am so proud of this story and the work I have put into it. I will miss writing about these characters, but who knows? I'll come back and write another story about them another day! For now, let's enjoy this grand tale and be happy we all got to be a part of it. Thank you to all who have stuck by and read this story even during the break where I had to play the Ashen Wolves DLC. Please enjoy this last chapter!)

(Beresu's POV)

                We were all shocked to see Thales transform into the Fell King. This cannot be happening... Did we fail?

"We can't give up! There must be a way for us to stop him!" Dimitri shouted seriously as he held my hand tightly.

He's right. We can't give up now. Not when everyone else is counting on us. Dimitri let go of my hand as he, Claude, Edelgard, and Flayn charged at the Fell King. Byleth and I stood still as we waited for a moment. There is something wrong about this power.

"Something isn't right...." Eirika said confused, "We need still need someone else here. We are close to the right ending to the future, but we are missing someone else"

Who else are we missing?! We are all here! Who else could be here?

"Protect yourself and your brother! Trust me!" Doumu shouted urgently as I ran to my brother.

I raised my sphere to create a protective shield around the two of us. We then watched as Dimitri and Edelgard slammed their lance and axe on the ground to try and throw the Fell King off balance. Claude and Flayn cast arrows and magic at him, but nothing was working. Why? Why aren't our attacks working?! Did we miss something? We can't let everything end like this! I suddenly I felt my twin hold my hand. Both of our hands were shaking.

"Gah!" Claude shouted as the Fell King whipped his sword to pull Claude off of his wyvern and onto the ground.

Then, he kicked Claude's stomach as he gasped in pain and dropped his bow. Claude coughed a bit as he struggled to stand back up and fight. Dimitri let out a yell as he charged towards the Fell King. However, the Fell King took a step back to make Dimitri swing and miss. Dimitri was thrown off balance! The Fell King then swung his sword to knock Dimitri's lance into himself and threw him against a wall! He gasped as he fell back and tried to catch his breath. Edelgard then charged forward as she made sure Flayn was safe and behind her. Edelgard swung her axe to try and knock the Fell King back. However, the Fell King was able to avoid her strikes and then swiftly knocked her axe out of her hands. Then, he swung his blade to knock Edelgard towards her axe. She tried her best to stand back up, but she was too weak and couldn't find the strength to fight back. Flayn swiftly cast a spell towards him, but he was able to take her magic. She tried to back away, but he swung the hilt of his sword to knock her to the ground and use the hilt to hit her stomach. She gasped as she held her stomach and fell to the floor. He then turned his attention to us.

We were both frozen. Our friends couldn't even do anything to stop him. How can we? Can we do this? Can we really stop him like this?

(Seteth's POV)

I ran out onto the field as the number of Darklings were decreasing. I was able to leave the items and the rest of Those Who Slither in the Dark to the other teachers.

"Son! I'm coming!" Sothis, mother, shouted as she ran after me.

"Hello mother. Come, we need to help Rhea. She was fighting those Darklings by herself" I said to her as she grinned.