Chapter 10: Two Targets

(Thank you everyone for being so patient with me with this story! I really want to make sure I can give it my all for this one! Ok, so my first run was the Black Eagles, and I thought we would get Monica/Kronya on our party for a bit. It was a bit strange that they just introduced her and then killed her off in like two chapters. She only appears in one fight too before Solon gets rid of her. I would've liked to see her in action more. Well, I hope to do just that in this story! Enjoy!)

(Beresu's POV)

        We put on our respective items and waited to hear the voices of the gods who bestowed their powers onto us again.

"Beresu? Is that you?" Doumu called out in surprise as I grinned.

"Doumu! I am so relieved to hear that you are safe!" I exclaimed in delight as I heard her laugh in relief.

I turned my hands over and allowed her and Eirika to stand on my hands. It is a bit strange to have two people in my head, but I am sure I will be able to get used to it. We looked around to see the three boys happy to see their gods with them as well.

"So, are we ready to carry out the mission?" Huangdi asked with a smirk at Claude, "Or are we going to be locked away again?"

"It wasn't our fault! Heck, it didn't realize my piercing was gone until I woke up in the hospital!" Claude exclaimed in defiance as Huangdi laughed at him.

"We are ready to carry out our mission. We will find your friends and stop the Fell King" Byleth reassured them.

"Thank you, Byleth. We couldn't have done it without you and your friends' help" Tianhuang said with a bow.

It seemed so peaceful. Us together with our respective gods and goddess and having a wonderful talk like this. We know we have a lot of work to do soon, but for now, we were just happy with this moment.

(Hubert's POV)

I was collecting the homework and assignments for Lady Edelgard until I saw my phone buzz. It was the hospital!

"Yes?!" I answered urgently.

My eyes were wide as I felt tears fall from my face. She was fine. She is awake and alive. I have to see her! Oh, I suppose I should let the Elites know about this as well. I can text Byleth as I get to the hospital and see with my own eyes that she is really alive and well. I didn't stop running as I made my way to her room. I opened the door and stood there in shock. She was there. She was sitting up and looking at the door with a surprised expression on her face.

"Hubert, you look like you've seen a ghost! Is everything alright?" she asked as she grinned at him.

"Yes. Everything is just alright" I answered her as I approached her side again.

For this brief moment, everything is just fine. Everything was what it should be. I want moments like these to last forever. However, I know that cannot be the cast just yet. My lady still has a mission to attend to. She still has to fulfill her ideals as well. I will forever be at her side and ensure her ideals come true. For now, I will be selfish and enjoy this moment with her for the day.

(Rhea's POV)

I gathered Seteth into my office and began to talk to him about the Elites and Flayn.

"I gather that Flayn is the reason the Elites have their items back" I said calmly to Seteth.

"I'm so sorry about this. I would have never imagined Flayn would do such a thing. She normally listens to me" Seteth said in distress.

"Either way, Flayn is acting with the Elites. It is best not to make her chose between us" I said calmly, "For now, we shall watch them from a far and make sure the same mistake does not happen again"