Chapter 30: Something Called Decency

Christmas Day

The twenty-fifth Of December came around in no time. Astrid woke at nine o'clock on the morning, she looked to her left and found herself rolling her eyes at the sight of an empty space next to her. She sat up and sauntered lazily into the bathroom. It was odd that it was Christmas morning, normally it would be a little bit exciting.

She started to brush her teeth when Jim walked into the room casually. Astrid heard him and leant back so that she could see him, he was already fully dress in his classic blue Westwood suit, with a pair of sunglasses in his hand, his hair already slick back.

"You're up early." She frowned as she walked out to him, still brushing her teeth, "does this happen to have anything to with the exciting thing we're doing today?"

"Yes." He replied and walked up to Astrid, "Get dressed, we'll-"

She cut him off by running off into the bathroom for a sec causing Jim to frown, she ran back, a second later and grinned innocently.

"Sorry, I had to spit." She said and Jim frowned, she smirked and breathed in his face giggling and he let out a breath of laughter.

"Anyway, as I was saying." He continued as Astrid turned around and began to search through the walk in wardrobe for what to wear, "we'll have to leave in about an hour."

"So, remind me where we're going again." Astrid called out of the closet.

"Sherringford, it's one of the most concealed places in the world."

"So we're going to a prison?" She asked as she walked poked her head out and Jim nodded, "right, and am I going as your partner in work or in life."

"You choose." He said flatly.

"Life. I'm sick of being your colleague." She decided before looking Jim up and down "should I be matching or a little different."

"Little bit different. We don't want to look like a pair of siblings that get told to dress in identical clothing by their parents who wished they had twins."

"Good point." She clicked her fingers and pointed at him before disappearing back into the closet, to re-emerged with a pile of clothes strewn over her arms, "go away."

"Why?" Jim shrugged.

"I'm not quite sure," she said thoughtfully with a derisive tone and tilted her head, "something called decency?"

After about 20 minutes, with Jim stood outside after Astrid had to muster up all her strength to push him out before yelling 'pervert' back at him mockingly, Astrid came out wearing a plain black pencil dress with a navy blue blazer and a pair of 2 inch navy stilettos.

"Well?" She said as she stepped out of the room to find James talking to Sebastian. They both faced her and looked her up and down.

"Not too bad." Seb commented and Astrid curtsied jokingly, she looked at Jim who sighed.

"It'll do, c'mon." They walked towards the large staircase, but Astrid was surprised when the boys started walking up the staircase.

"Hey, boys," she stopped and they turned to her, she pointed down the stairs "the door is this way."

"Oh yeah, we're not going that way." Jim said and continued on his path upstairs, Astrid looked at Seb questioningly, he shrugged and followed his boss.

They all went on what seemed like a mini trek up the several staircases and emerged out of an iron door to find themselves on the roof, Astrid started to chuckle to herself as she walked to the railing surrounding the area.

There was the most astounding view she had ever seen in her life; it was all of London. All of it. She could see every skyscraper, every building in the great city. She looked out over the edge of the roof, her long hair flapping about in the wind, until she felt a pair of hands around her eyes, she smirked.

"Jim?" She giggled, "what are you doing?"

"You haven't even seen the best bit yet." The Irishman whispered into her ear. He directed her around and they walked for a few seconds before removing his hands and stepping away. She opened her eyes and in front of her was a giant black helicopter.

"What the fuck!" She yelled, "why is there a fucking helicopter?"

"C'mon," He said, ignoring her comment and climbing into the vehicle.

"You could have told me to wear the right outfit," she said as she watched Seb climb in laughing, "I'm wearing a fucking skirt!"

"Hurry up, we're going to be late if you carry on complaining." Jim said, offering his hand to her. Astrid rolled her eyes and took it. Jim lifted her into the flying machine and she slumped in the leather sate across from Seb.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hate you both." She grumbled as Jim sat next to her and another bodyguard came in and shut the door.

The helicopter rose up over the buildings. It really was extraordinary. In no time they were over the seas and approaching an island with what seemed like old ruins, as they got closer she noticed people on top, not gawping tourists, but bodyguards- it was a prison after all.

When they landed, Jim put on his sunglasses opened up the door and helped Astrid out who jumped down and took his hand. They walked up to a group of armed men and one very scared looking man in a suit and tie. They approached them with the two bodyguards walking behind them protectively, and stopped a couple meters in front of them.

"Mr Moriarty." The man greeted.

"Big G." Jim replied and made a gang sign, "big G means governor, it's street speak. I'm a bit down with the kids y'know what I'm sayin'. I'm relatable that way."

"Who is that?" The man asked James, referring to Astrid.

"Astrid Wingham." Astrid leapt forward before Jim could reply and shook his hand messily, "nice to meet ya."

The shaking man smiled a little before returning his hand quickly back to his side.

"D'ya like my boys, this ones got more stamina, but he's less caring in the after glow." He said as he walked behind the other bodyguard, lowering his sun glasses onto his nose. Astrid quickly looked over at Seb and smirked who mouthed a quick 'shut up' and Astrid turned back to face forward, smiling to herself.

"This way, please." The man smiled weakly again and walked away.

(A/N sorry for taking out the Queen part, I don't know how it would have worked with two people in it. Also thank you so much for 1k reads!!!❤️❤️)