Chapter 35: Long Time No See

They arrived at the airport at about quarter past six where there was a man in a full suit and tie stood at the entrance. Seb pulled the car up next to him and he gave them a hanger number. After telling them where to go, the man signalled for them to carry on and Seb drove around the pitch black airport.

"This is so weird," Astrid remarked whilst buckling up her shoes, "never been to an airport at night before."

They drove past a large aeroplane that was parked out in the open with a small set of stairs coming from it, they passed it and went around the corner where Irene Adler was stood with a tall man behind her. Seb pulled up next to her and Astrid got out and approached the woman and smiled.

"Irene." she greeted and gave a mocking curtsy, "s'been a while."

"It has," she replied flatly. She did look nice, she was wearing a black short sleeved dress made from an interesting fabric, her make-up was done to perfection, as usual, and her hair looking neat and stylish, "Sherlock will arrive soon."

"Of course," Astrid smiled as she took off her coat, Irene quickly glanced at her dress and giving her a rather judging look, she tilted her head around the building to see a car pulling up. Astrid put her coat in the car before joining Adler to see the tall detective walking up the stairs, "that's our cue."

She smiled excitedly and the two began to walk slowly to the plane, Irene was looking extremely professional, and after attempting to act like that, she gave up and looked over at Seb and the other body guard who were watching them walk to the plane. She giggled like an excited child before being scolded by Adler.

"Do calm down a little," she whispered as they began to ascend the stairs, before they went in she stopped and faced Astrid, "try to act like we don't want to rip each other's heads off."

"Who said I wanted to do that." Astrid wined innocently.

"Shush!"

The two went in just in time to hear Mycroft say something about a damsel in distress, to this Astrid looked slightly confused, not recalling a damsel in distress being mentioned in the briefing.

"Don't be absurd," the consulting detective replied sounding angered, to which his brother sighed.

"Absurd." his eyebrow was raised as he spotted the two behind Sherlock, "How quickly did you decipher that email for her? Was it the full minute, or were you really eager to impress?"

"I think it was less than five seconds," she said as she walked out behind Sherlock. The detective spun his head around to see the woman stood at the end of the cabin, she began walked forward and Sherlock followed her round, not noticing Astrid step out into the light.

"I drove her into your path, I'm sorry." Mycroft said ruefully to Sherlock, "I didn't know."

"You Holmes boys never know, do you?" Astrid said, making her presence known, "that's the one thing you two have in common."

"Of course, you two have met?" Irene concluded off a very baffled looking Sherlock Holmes.

"Yes, it was a riveting conversation, wasn't it MH? ," she smiled and looked at Mycroft before lazily gazing at Sherlock.

"Hello Shirley," she greeted and walked slowly towards him. She tilted her head and stared him down, "long time, no see."

"Al-" he began.

"Sherlock." she stated as her greeting before he could say anything. After the shock had sunk in, Irene looked at the boys and continued to walk towards them.

"Mr Holmes, I think we need to talk,"

"So do I, there are a number of aspects I need to-" Sherlock began eagerly before Irene cut him off with a hand raised into his face.

"Not you junior, your done now." she walked past him and approached the Iceman, "There's more... loads more. On this phone I've got secrets, pictures and scandals that could topple your whole world. You have no idea how much havoc I can cause and exactly one way to stop me – unless you want to tell your masters that your biggest security leak is your own little brother."

Mycroft looked down disappointed, and sighed.

"If you would like," he began pitifully, "we can discuss this in my office where there aren't as many dead bodies.

"Great idea!" Astrid piped up from the back and began to walk out of the plane followed by the other three. On the way out Sherlock leapt forward and grabbed Astrid by the arm, snarling at her.

"You shouldn't be here."

Astrid chuckled and lifted Sherlocks hand off her arm.

"Well I am here."

"You do realise that your just a pawn, in this game." He whispered into her ear, "he doesn't care about you."

"Don't go getting jealous Shirley, I'm sure we can share him." Astrid teased before winking at him and continuing towards the cars.