Chapter 3

Song for the chapter:

• Adam and Eve But My Name is Mike by Bleu Levees

"So we're doing things differently today since you two aren't reliable."

"We forgot to grocery shop once." Taehyung whines.

Seokjin jabs a finger into his chest. "I'll remember this when I forget to cook dinner one day."

"You forgot to cook dinner last week!"

Last week? Yesterday was our first day here. Unless... "What do you mean do you 'last week'?" I chime in.

"I mean that last week you could've planned to get groceries," Seokjin playfully snaps. I can tell that he's hiding something but I choose not to push the issue. My friends will tell me if something is going on when they're ready. "So what's on the grocery list?"

"We're getting ingredients to make a surf and turf.  You're getting ingredients to make japchae." Taehyung answers. He smiles softly at Seokjin. Seokjin loves lobster. I'm glad he's getting to eat one of his favorite foods considering he's the main cook. 

"We also need good breakfast foods." Jungkook smiles as he rubs his belly. "I'm thinking of banana pancakes as we speak."

We all laugh before parting ways inside the local grocery store. Jungkook is paired with me; he finds an empty basket to push around. We find all of the ingredients for japchae including noodles, beef, shiitake mushrooms, and sweet onion. I'm amazed at how Jungkook prepared a grocery list for this. He and Seokjin must've plotted this while cooking last night's dinner. He also has a few extra things on his list.

"Can you grab that six pack of cherry Coke for Tae?" He asks as we turn on an aisle. I grab the six pack of cans. I look into the basket and notice something. Jungkook randomly picked up an assortment of my favorite fruits including peaches. He also has Seokjin's favorite beer. I can't help but to smile.

Jungkook is always thinking of others. He may be a tough, muscle pig on the outside but he's so soft on the inside. He's always shows his affection through actions instead of words. He memorizes the little details about things his loved ones like so that he can give or do those little things in the future. He's literally the sweetest.

"I just might have to thank God for you."

"I didn't know you appreciated me that much," he giggles.

Did I really say that out loud? "You heard nothing."

"Did I?" Jungkook moves away from the cart and walks towards me. He places his right hand on my shoulder. His long hair frames his face. Brown, doe eyes stare directly into mine. I can't look away. A familiar scent of lavender and honeydew melon fills the air, the scent of Jungkook.