21. Over

Wait to start the song! Again, sorry for breaking hearts but i promise itll get better

Josh didn't mean for any of this to happen. He didn't want anything like this to happen. This all goes back to when he left Tyler by himself on thanksgiving. He contemplated calling him but he didn't because he felt shitty. He then saw a picture of Tyler and all of his friends over at his house. It hurt him. There was no communication with them for 4 days. It was agony.

Finally, December 1st. Tylers birthday. Josh couldn't miss that day, that was important to him. He had called Tyler in the morning but no answer. He sighed and just got ready like any normal person. He hoped that he could at least talk to Tyler when he got to school. He wanted to buy him flowers and balloons for him but he knew that Tyler didn't like any of those things. He was pretty early to school and decided to just wait for Tyler in class. That's when it happened.

He didn't know Debby had sat next to him, he was too busy looking at the door waiting for Tyler to walk in. The next thing he knows is Debby pulling him in for a kiss the exact moment Tyler walked in. Before he could get out any words, Tyler ran away from the class and school. Whispers and stares were being made at Josh. Glares from everyone who even talked to Tyler, were made at Josh. Without warning, a fist landed on his cheek. He looked up to see a very angry blue haired Ashley and Jenna pulling her away.

"Next is that bitch sitting next to you." Ashley said out loud.

Jenna pulled Ashley away and had her calm down in the hallway. Josh immediately got up and pushed his way to the hallway. Everyone who was standing by the door just glared as he walked out. As he walked out, he watched Ashley storm off as Jenna pleaded for her to calm down. Jenna sighed and looked at Josh angrily. She tried to walk away but Josh needed to explain that it wasn't him!

"Jenna...It really wasn't like that, she sat next to me and she just—" Josh stopped before Jenna cut him off, "Just what, Joshua? She just decided to kiss you on Tyler's birthday after not talking to him for four days straight?" Jenna asked.

"Well..yeah!" Josh said.

Jenna wasn't the type to be angry but this time she had an excuse. Josh saw the anger on her face and knew it was real. He knew he really fucked up this time.

"You know what, I was the only one who actually supported you and your change. I always told everyone that you were doing better but, I was wrong. You stopped hanging out with us and I told everyone that you needed more friends, You humiliated Ashley in front of us and I said that you were just acting out, You ignored Tyler on thanksgiving and I told him you'd come to your senses and apologize!" Jenna yelled, "But, you didn't. What you did was beyond fucking up. You ruined a perfectly good thing going for you. So you know what, i'm done trying to protect you Joshua. You're still the same asshole I met when we were sophomores." Jenna said coldly.

Jenna never called him by his full first name. She only did when she was extremely mad or when she was just joking with him. This was real anger. She pushed past him and started to walk back into class. Josh felt angry, not only did he lose his friends but he lost Tyler.

____

Start the song its 'When doesn't the world end?' by Super Whatevr
Trigger warnings for mentions of a panic attack and vomit.

The next three weeks were hard for Tyler. The first week, Tyler didn't show up to school. His mom gave them some excuse that apparently he had come down with a serious flu. In reality, he was just going through a break up. Everyday Ashley, Jenna or Geoff would show up to his house with his homework and some sort of food.

Tyler would hardly eat it but even if he took the smallest bite, his friends would be happy. They'd try to keep him busy or happy but when they left, he would just curl up in his bed and cry. The first two days, Josh sent him numerous amounts of texts asking if they could just talk but Tyler never answered them. He just wanted to be left alone.

The second week, he came back to school. Eyes were all on him as he walked through the building. He heard whispers here and there but he didn't know if they were about him. To say the least, his first day back, he had a panic attack and ended up vomiting in the boys bathroom.

He didn't tell anyone because he didn't want anyone to worry about him. Tyler switched up all his schedules to make sure that he didn't have any classes with Debby or Josh. He avoided any single contact he would have with Josh and it worked. He ate lunch by himself in the library, where everyone was quiet. He liked that it was quiet. After lunch, Dallon and Brendon walked him to class and made sure the rest of the day would go smoothly. It gave him a bit of comfort knowing that they cared.

This went on for the rest of the week. By the end of the week, he had found out that Josh and Debby had gotten back together. He only found out because he saw them basically swallowing each others faces by the bathroom. He silently cried when he walked home in the cold weather.

The moment he got home, he called Geoff and waited for him to knock on his front door. When he did, Tyler immediately opened the door and fell into Geoffs arms and sobbed. Geoff spent the night, making sure Tyler was okay.

The third week, (the current week) Josh somehow made it his job to make sure Tyler was miserable. He would purposely bump into Tyler in the hallways, push him 'accidentally' into the lockers and just be an asshole. It was only ten in the morning and somehow, Tyler found his notebooks all drawn on. He reminded himself that he needed to change his locker number. He sighed as he went to class and waited till lunch. When the bell rang, he was out of his seat immediately and rushed to the library. It was his quiet space, so when he saw the library empty he was happy. He sat down and opened his back pack and got out his lunch.

"Can I join your pity party?" Geoff said.

Tyler looked up to see Geoff with his own bag of lunch and a big bag of chips for them to share. Tyler's heart warmed at the sight.

"Yes, welcome to the existential crisis corner! We accept everyone." Tyler said with a side smile.

Geoff giggled and sat down next to Tyler silently and took out his lunch. It was a comfortable silence as they ate. They both knew what was going on and they both knew they didn't need to talk about everything.

"True or False, Josh wrote all over your note book?" Geoff asked.

"True." Tyler replied.

"You haven't told anyone have you?" Geoff asked again. Tyler didn't say a word and that gave Geoff his answer.

It was quiet again when all of a sudden, yelling was happening out in the hallway. Tyler looked over to Geoff and watched him smirk. They were both up and out of the place they were sitting and walked out of the library. The first thing Tyler noticed was the god awful smell in the hallway. It smelled like dog shit. The next thing he saw was Ashley's blue headed self, laughing at a very furious Josh. Brendon, Dallon, Jenna, Brad, Awsten, Elijah, Sam and Mark all stood there behind Tyler, watching Josh look angry.

"What the hell Ashley!" Josh yelled.

"In the words of Jenna, you're an asshole Josh. And an asshole needs some shit. So say thank you for the steaming pile of shit in your locker that Jagger left in there." Ashley said with a smile.

Everyone started laughing as Josh's locker was smeared in dog shit. Tyler couldn't help but laugh at the situation. It made him realize that he could get through this with his friends.

"Clever." Tyler said to Geoff.

"He needed some sort of punishment. Ashley had her dog, the rest of us had a plan." Geoff said.

Tyler smiled and watched everyone in the hallway, take pictures of Josh's shitty locker.