Sick Love

Veronica's POV

Damnit! I'm fucking sick. I was supposed to go to Betty's, but now I have to cancel. I hope she doesn't think I'm trying to bail out on our date. I sighed as I texted her.

Baby❤

V: Hey I'm sorry to do this, but I'm sick. I know we've been planning this date for a while now and I'm sorry to ruin it, but I don't want to ruin things even more by getting you sick.

She responded almost immediately.

B: If you think that'll stop me from coming to you and being with you... you're wrong. I'll be there in a bit. No sickness will keep me away.

I giggled as I read this.

V: Betty, don't. Please. I really don't want to get you sick. I swear I'll make it upto you. I'll take you anywhere you'd like.

B: You don't need to bribe me with a trip. I don't know why you keep doing that. And alright, fine. I won't come, but I hope you get better soon. Love you.

V: Thank you. I love you, too.

I put my phone down. I got changed in more comfortable clothes. So just a plain black tank top and shorts. I layed in bed and covered up. I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to someone quietly saying something and lightly shaking me.

"Ronnie. Ronnie, wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and rolled over to see Betty.

"What the hell are you doing here." I asked still asleep. She chuckled.

"I'm here to take care of you." She whispered. I sighed and sat up.

"Betty, I can take of myself. Besides, I don't want to get you sick." I muttered.

"I won't complain if you do, beautiful." I rolled my eyes and lightly laughed.

"Who are you talking to? I know it's not me. I'm sick and I'm not wearing makeup." Betty just smiled and put her hand on my face.

"You're beautiful no matter what you look like." I rolled my eyes. "Quit rolling your eyes. I don't like it." I smiled and looked straight at her and rolled my eyes again. "I hate you." She mutters.

"You could never hate me." I said. She sighed.

"I know." She stood up. "Scoot over." She said.

"What?"

"Scoot over."

"Betty, no, I don't want to get you sick." I said. She smiled and sighed.

"It doesn't matter now scoot over." I sighed in defeat and scoot over. She climbed in bed next to me. She covered up under the same covers and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me closer.

"Betty, I--" I started.

"I don't care! How many times do I have to say it?" She said and kissi ng my head. "I love you and nothings gonna keep me away from you." She said pulling me closer to her.