Parties, Alcohol and No Mistakes

Betty's POV

Cheryl's having another one of her end of the school year parties. I didn't want to go, but Veronica somehow convinced me to go. She just wouldn't stop asking me and I finally gave in. I'm currently sitting in Veronica's room watching as she figures out what to wear. Kind of. I'm really in my phone and trying to hide the fact that I am.

"Betty!" My phone was pulled put of my hands and I looked up at Veronica.

"Hey!" I yelled. She sighed and threw the phone on the bed and turned around looking away from me. "Veronica, what's wrong?" I asked and stood up.

"You're not listening to me!" She said and sat down on the end of the bed. She covered her face with her hands. I sighed and went to sit next to her.

"What's wrong, V?" I asked. She looked up at me with small tears in her eyes.

"Do you even know why I want to go to this stupid party?" She asked. I shook my head. "It's been almost a full month and I'm still not over him. He broke my heart, Betty." She said. I pulled her into a hug.

"I know, Veronica. I know. Why don't we just go to this party. Loosen up, and forget about guys for the night." I said. She looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah, your right." She said. I smiled.

"Good. Now what are you gonna wear to this stu..." I stopped when I saw the look on her face. "This great party that's about to happen!" I quickly said. She laughed a stood up. 

"I have this," she said holding up a dark violet dress that probably went a little above the knees. "Aaaannndd this one." She said and held up a black one that would go down to  mid-thigh. I smiled and looked at both dresses. Then, I looked at Veronica.

"The black one." I said and She smiled at me.

"Me too!" She said and layed it down on the bed. She went and put the other one up. I looked down at the dress on the bed and slowly stopped smiling. I sighed.

"Betty?" I heard Veronica say. I lokked up and saw her. I smiled weakly. "Betty, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I slightly lied. She nodded with a look of uncertainty on her face. "Well, do you have a clue on what your wearing?" She asked. I shrugged.

"It's just the of the school year party at Cheryl's. There's gonna be one next year, too." I told her.

"Yup! And that one will be even more important because we are graduating next year and this party will be right after senior prom." She said happily. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Which is why we could go next year when it still doesn't mean anything." I said. She sighed and slumped back a little.

"Betty, please be excited about this! I don't want to be with someone who hates all parties because she's a good girl." She complained like a child.

"I am not a good girl." I said. She scoffed and looked at me unconvincingly.

"Really?" I nodded. "Prove it." She said.

"What do you mean prove it? When?" I asked. She gave me a challenging look.

"Tonight." She said with a smirk on her face. "I doubt you would be about to." She said.

"I will be!" I said.

"Okay, you have to prove before the end of the night." She said. I nodded.

"Okay! I will." I said. She nodded.

When we got to Cheryl's there was already people there, and the smell of alcohol. I sighed as I looked around.

"Oh, B! We are going to loosen up tonight." Veronica said, grabbing a couple of cups and handed me one.