💌 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒆𝒐𝒌

mathematics.

something you could never understand. you were currently placing first in every subject besides the one and only, mathematics.

after hours of complaining to your father, the two of you came to an agreement.

it was time to get a tutor.

you were excited and scared at the same time. you've only been to tutoring classes when you were younger, but clearly those were a fail. your dad told you how his friend's son would be tutoring me every single day.

that's until my exam of course. which is in a solid month.

it was getting pretty late but your stomach growled.

i can't eat now, i need to lose weight.

ignoring your inner thoughts, you went downstairs to grab some food. two hot cheetos, some popcorn, three chocolate bars and a bottle of diet coke.

you see your brother, wooseok, staring at you.

"i thought you were going on a diet?"

he asks, strangely looking at you.

"i can eat as much as i want today, then the diet will start tomorrow."

you reply, quickly rushing to your bedroom.

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

you walked back home from school with your best friend shinwon.

"you're going to be in a room, alone, with another guy to 'tutor' you?"

he asks while smirking.

"yes, it's only going to be an hour a day until the exam. now get your mind out of the gutter!"

you reply as you lightly slap him. he dodged your slap and wiggled his eyebrows.

"have fun."

you were at the front door, when you saw your dad waiting for you.

"(y/n), you're late today."

he said, giving you a dissatisfied look. you check your apple watch, it was 5:30 pm. you don't recall him asking you to come earlier because you always arrive at this time.

"i'm sorry dad,"

is all you could manage to say. you enter your house and see two men. one was someone familiar, your dad's closest friends. he worked as a brain surgeon for the past ten years.

you stare at the taller boy next to him. he looked beautiful. he had distinctive facial features, a fit body and wore a pair of circular glasses.

"(y/n), this is your tutor teacher for the next month."

you dad says gesturing his arm towards the attractive boy.

"hello, my name is hongseok,"

he says with his beautiful voice. you could honestly listen to it all day.

you guys headed inside your room and you took your maths textbooks out.

you've got to admit, he was so cute that it was really hard to concentrate.

"let's start off with basic numbers,"

hongseok says as he fixed his glasses.

"basically, we have a range of different numbers which can be rational or irrational,"

he continued on. all you could do was stare at his gorgeous face and listen to his angelic voice.

"rational numbers can be expressed into fractions, irrational numbers-"

he stopped as he looked back at you. you slapped yourself mentally and faced the table.

"(y/n), do you like maths?"

he asks, looking at your blushed face.

"no, i hate it, especially numbers."

you respond, pouting slightly.

he laughs slightly and leans closer,

"to be honest, i hate maths too. but the only number i care about is yours."